Sales Hub Tools

rodericks
Colaborador(a)

Workflow Re-enrollment based on forms

resolver

Hey all,

I'm looking for some help on the following:

We have different lead forms on our website, all which can be used by a potential lead one or multiple times. There are three categories:

1. Brochures

2. Quote

3. Contact Forms

We would like to do the following:

1.  First, if not already, rotate to team member. 

2. Based on the categorie of the form, do multiple stuff.

When I add an if / this branch, based on the categories, it works fine the first time. However, the second time a lead fills a form, regardless of the form the lead fills, the workflow choses the the branch it was when the first time. 

See below. From the third pictures (Step 😎 the workflow always choses the branch that it was the first time. Is there anything I can do to prevent that?

0 Avaliação positiva
1 Solução aceita
karstenkoehler
Solução
Membro do Hall da Fama | Parceiro

resolver

Hi @rodericks,

That's expected behavior. In your if/then branch, you're checking whether a contact submitted a specific form. Let's say, a contact submits form A the first time. The branch checks whether the contact submitted form A. They did. (Branches are always checked left to right.) The contact comes back and submits form B. The branch checks whether the contact submitted form A. While the last submission was B, it's still true. The contact did indeed submit form A, only earlier.

Your way out of this is the Recent conversion property. It's the last form the contact submitted. This is formatted as the name of the page the form was submitted on, followed by a colon, then the name of the submitted form (i.e., Name of page: Name of form).

Instead of branching on different form submission, create your branches based on "Recent conversion contains any of [Name of form]". That should do the trick.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

Exibir solução no post original

2 Respostas 2
rodericks
Colaborador(a)

resolver

Thanks Karsten for the fast respond and correct respond. Even Hubspot support themselves didn't know that 🙂

0 Avaliação positiva
karstenkoehler
Solução

resolver

Hi @rodericks,

That's expected behavior. In your if/then branch, you're checking whether a contact submitted a specific form. Let's say, a contact submits form A the first time. The branch checks whether the contact submitted form A. They did. (Branches are always checked left to right.) The contact comes back and submits form B. The branch checks whether the contact submitted form A. While the last submission was B, it's still true. The contact did indeed submit form A, only earlier.

Your way out of this is the Recent conversion property. It's the last form the contact submitted. This is formatted as the name of the page the form was submitted on, followed by a colon, then the name of the submitted form (i.e., Name of page: Name of form).

Instead of branching on different form submission, create your branches based on "Recent conversion contains any of [Name of form]". That should do the trick.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.