HubSpot Ideas

dan_sitton

What happened to Prospects?

Why does HubSpot no longer track pages visited on a company level in the Prospects tools? That was one of the most valuable parts of the Sales platform, and without that tool I am less likely to recommend Sales to one of our clients. I will send them to Leadlander instead - as they are still offering this information.

HubSpot could easily work around the GDPR but it appears that they are more interested in internal ease then building a product that continues to fulfill the needs of customers. This is the second time in two years (technically the third, if you count the Events beta that never worked right) that HubSpot has stripped down the Prospects tool. Why is HubSpot so against smart prospecting? Are they trying to push sales back into the cold-calling dark ages for new customer prospecting?

83 Replies
LizO
Top Contributor | Elite Partner

I posted this as an idea on the ideas forum.  Here is the link so please upvote!

I know HubSpot values the ideas there and their development team prioritizes ideas with lots of votes. I'm thinking of this a petition to reconsider.  

My company decided to use HubSpot back in 2010, we patiently waited for them to grow and develop new features. I'm shocked to see a useful feature removed. Like some others mentioned, my company is not in a position to shell out another $200-$350/month for what they provided us only months back.  Plus, we don't need another web based portal to log into.  If HubSpot is looking to be a "Sales Hub" for our team this is not helping.    

mnicholson

I hope Marketo and Act-On are updating their competitive assessments to show that they offer this functionality and HubSpot does not! What a differentiator they have now for sales teams... Stupid move, HubSpot.

dan3dan

I'm very disappointed that HubSpot removed this feature, too.

All we can do now is to upvote the idea here:

https://community.hubspot.com/t5/HubSpot-Ideas/Track-pages-visited-on-a-Company-level-in-the-Prospec...

eattard

@DebbieF was wondering if you have Netfactor integrated with your hubspot. Also, does it show who visited each page on a daily basis like hubspot used to? Thanks!

DebbieF
Participant

We do not have it integrated with HubSpot.  It does show us which pages are visited by companies on a daily basis, but not contacts since we don't have any "forms" tied into it.

eattard

Hi everyone, I have since signed up to Netfactor's Visitortrack and it's fantastic! I highly recommend it. Still using Hubspot for our marketing automation and as a CRM (for now).

bennyplacidocs

Just to be clear, here is a quote from the GDPR regulations:

"Arguably the biggest change to the regulatory landscape of data privacy comes with the extended jurisdiction of the GDPR, as it applies to all companies processing the personal data of data subjects residing in the Union, regardless of the company’s location."

GDPR is to all intents and purposes, to do with 'Personal' data, therefore there is no possible argument for removing the Prospects tool from Hubspot.

merlinvicki
Member | Partner

HubSpot is still promoting the ability to get details on the pages visited on their website.

"Get deep insight into the number of visitors from each company and which pages they are viewing, helping you hone in on interested prospects."

This is listed on this page: https://www.hubspot.com/products/sales/sales-leads

jennysowyrda
Community Manager

Thank you @merlinvicki! I have notified the team who owns that page of the outdated language. I appreciate you bringing this to our attention.

nogakatz

Please bring back the full data on visitors. Seeing which pages users had viewed on the website is extremely beneficial, especially for ABM / B2B.

eattard

We have since signed up to Netfactor's visitortrack and its fantastic. Highly recommend it.

jtroop

Before implmenting Hubspot, we used Leadlander, which shows prospects, page views and individual pages visited in a drop-down menu for about $299 per month (on a month-to-month basis). This feature was stressed as one of our must-haves and our Hubspot sales person gauranteed that all LeadLander functionaility AND MORE was included.

I got support on the line today (03/27/19) and was informed this was removed in 2018.

So, my rep either didn't know or just flat-out lied... either way, this is incredibly bad form.

jtroop

Before implmenting Hubspot, we used Leadlander, which shows prospects, page views and individual pages visited in a drop-down menu for about $299 per month (on a month-to-month basis). This feature was stressed as one of our must-haves and our Hubspot sales person gauranteed that all LeadLander functionaility AND MORE was included.

I got support on the line today (03/27/19) and was informed this was removed in 2018.

So, my rep either didn't know or just flat-out lied... either way, this is incredibly bad form.

amandabrunish
Contributor

That is EXTREMELY disapointing and worrysome to hear.  

bennyplacidocs

We are seriously considering not renewing the contract with Hubspot in June and finding another solution.  This is not what I want to happen, but Hubspot just aren't listening, and the only sanction we have is not to renew.  I have written to Hubspot to tell them.

Benny

merlinvicki
Member | Partner

I still see the content is present on the page

2019-03-27_10-42-49.png

Demo
Member | Partner

I understand perfectly what you are saying, since we are the first to protest this action, as you can see in the first post.

But as a DPO of some European companies, I understand that the GDPR regulation affect huspot in prospections, and any company that uses these tools with European contacts can be sanctioned.

However Hubspot if you register that activity internally, but without access to anyone, and when your company gets the acceptance in a form of that contact, all the pages you visited appear. It is a legal and acceptable form. But the law is like that and using other tools can lead to problems.

dan_sitton
Contributor

Quick Update: We found an amazing program called Leadfeeder that has built their entire software offering around this functionality. It also has a native integration with HubSpot to get the website visits into HubSpot from Leadfeeder. This tool is better than Prospects ever was. Unfortunately, it's not free/cheap depending on your budget - but provides immense value. You pay for the tool, but get unlimited accounts - so everyone in your organization can have access.

Best of all, the company if Finnish - so they're fully GDPR compliant and have documentation to prove it. They use Google Analytics to track visitors by company. You can pivot around pages - even down to the utm tracking. I can't back it up enough how amazing it is. And the HubSpot integration is flawless. Our sales team loves the tool so much that even if HubSpot brought Prospects back, we would still pay for Leadfeeder instead of basically using Prospects for free (we're never getting rid of Sales Pro).

THBCity

Hello, we just signed up with Hubspot and being able to be informed which companies (with static IP addresses) was a key driver for our decision to sign up for an annual contract.   This requirement was clearly communicated during the sales process. 

Do we understand correctly that HS does NOT display the name of the COMPANIES with fixed IP addresses? The only information we can find is data of the ISP - which is useless.

I really hope we don't understand the prospect tool correctly! 

RoyB
Participant

For a Company with only one offering this is a non issue, but for a company with multiple services and products it is absolutely critical to know what pages are being viewed so you can focus on the customers interests. Personally I feel this is a must requirement.