Sales Hub Tools

RandyC
Participant

What are the best methods to treat/manage/process Closed Contacts in CRM?

SOLVE

Definition of Closed Contacts here = Contacts that are no longer with the Company or involved in the Deal

Say if you do not wish to delete or lose any historical emails, notes and other forms of data with the "Closed" contacts. But you also don't want the Company or Deals to be associated/crowded by tons of irrelevant "Closed" contacts. What are some of the best practices you would advise me to do?

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
Josh
Solution
Recognized Expert | Platinum Partner

SOLVE

Hi @RandyC,

I would typically advise using the lead status property.  This can be modified to set the specific values you will need. While they will still be associated with a company, you won't need to associate them with a deal on an ongoing basis.

If you are on pro or enterprise, the new associations/labels feature will also work well. In this scenario, you can apply a label to a contact as it is associated with a deal or company as a closed contact. 

I hope this helps!

Josh

Did this post help solve your problem? If so, please mark it as a solution.

Josh Curcio

HubSpot support and inbound marketing for OEMs, contract manufacturers, and industrial suppliers.
HubSpot Platinum Partner & HubSpot Certified Trainer

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3
Josh

SOLVE

Hi @RandyC,

I don't believe you can remove an association using a workflow. If you can, I've not seen/used this before.

Josh 

Josh Curcio

HubSpot support and inbound marketing for OEMs, contract manufacturers, and industrial suppliers.

RandyC
Participant

SOLVE

Hey Josh, thanks for this! We're indeed on the PRO plan. Was wondering if a workflow that automatically removes contacts with a "Closed" contact/lead status from deals solve the above-mentioned struggles?

0 Upvotes
Josh
Solution

SOLVE

Hi @RandyC,

I would typically advise using the lead status property.  This can be modified to set the specific values you will need. While they will still be associated with a company, you won't need to associate them with a deal on an ongoing basis.

If you are on pro or enterprise, the new associations/labels feature will also work well. In this scenario, you can apply a label to a contact as it is associated with a deal or company as a closed contact. 

I hope this helps!

Josh

Josh Curcio