Sales Hub Tools

hwagner
Participant

Using sub-workflows for assignments and notifications

SOLVE

Hi Everyone, 

I've been working to optimize my workflows for scalability and encountering an issue that I should think is easy to solve, but can't figure it out.. 

(I have Enterprise)

Old System:

- I had numerous individual workflows for all our form submissions that would then assign new leads to team members based on Geography

- Each workflow would send internal marketing emails to team members for new leads, or would send a different internal email to team members for existing leads. (Existing leads would include more details/personalization tokens compared to New leads). 

New System:

- I created a subworkflow (Child) that only focuses on lead assignments (so I no longer have to re-make or make changes to in the different form submission workflows)

hwagner_0-1657391587475.png

Challenge I'm facing:

- With this change, how I can now determine if the form submitted is from a new or existing lead?

- Previously, it was simple to check if 'Contact is unknown', but that will no longer work.. and I can't send the internal marketing emails until they've gone through the 'child assignments' workflow

Any ideas? 

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
hwagner
Solution
Participant

SOLVE

After some exploring, I was able to solve this!

By using a combo of the 'Owner Assigned Date' and 'Create Date'

hwagner_0-1657673045437.png

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5
Jnix284
Most Valuable Member | Diamond Partner

SOLVE

@hwagner there is likely to be a better suggestion from the others mentioned, but one thing I have done when I run into similar situations and have to set up a new workflow to replace one that is existing and differentiate whether someone is new or not is to set an if/then that says "if create date is after [today, the day I create the workflow]" then the contact is new, otherwise, they are existing. Then I handle potential lead revisits from those new leads through re-enrollment criteria.

If my reply answered your question please mark it as a solution to make it easier for others to find.

Jennifer Nixon - Delivery Lead at Aptitude 8

connect with Jen on Linkedin

hwagner
Solution
Participant

SOLVE

After some exploring, I was able to solve this!

By using a combo of the 'Owner Assigned Date' and 'Create Date'

hwagner_0-1657673045437.png

Jnix284

SOLVE

I'm really glad you were able to find a solution @hwagner ! congrats 🙂

If my reply answered your question please mark it as a solution to make it easier for others to find.

Jennifer Nixon - Delivery Lead at Aptitude 8

connect with Jen on Linkedin

hwagner
Participant

SOLVE

Appreciate the reply, but that would only work if we had the ability to use a relative 'Today' property... 

Otherwise, it leaves the potential for future leads created in other manners to submit this form (which is targeted to both new/existing leads). 

0 Upvotes
TiphaineCuisset
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @hwagner 

Thank you for reaching out and all these details!

I want to tag some of our experts here - @Jnix284 @LMeert @Bruno_Teixeira do you have any thought for @hwagner on this?

Thank you!

Best

Tiphaine

Saviez vous que la Communauté est disponible en français?
Rejoignez les discussions francophones en changeant votre langue dans les paramètres !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !