Olá! Nós temos uma Comunidade em Português!

Using Schedule vs Create task for planning meetings (problem planning upcoming meetings)

Principal conselheiro

Hello fellow HubSpot users, 

I am using "Create task" to plan for upcoming calls/emails and to plan for general ToDo's.

And I use "Log Activity" to log calls, emails and meetings.

However, I have problem planning upcoming meetings.

If I use "schedule" a meeting HubSpot sends a calendar invite to the attendee (which I do not want). I only want my personal calendar to be synced. Is it possible to so? 

Furthermore, I only see the scheduled meetings in my calendar (not in my tasks list). Since I can not see upcoming meetings on the HubSpot interface it is difficult to plan my sales related meetings and review the meetings planned by my team members. Is its possible to see the upcoming meetings in the list of tasks?

Currently, I just use  "Create task" to plan for upcoming meetings. But this results in incorrect stats in the dashboard. The only solution I see is:

1. create tasks to plan for upcoming meetings with "Meeting" in the name.

2. manually update my calendar,

3. delete the task after completing the meeting

4. log a meeting.

Is there a better way to plan and log meetings?

Thanks a lot!

Tagir

9 Respostas 9
Community Manager

Hello @TagirYamilov thanks for your question!

The HubSpot Meetings tool is specifically designed for scheduling demos, calls and appointments with your prospects. Scheduled meetings will always send an invite to the contact you include, it is not currently possible to remove this setting. 

Secondly, the Meetings tool is not in sync with the Tasks tool. 

I would advise using the Tasks Tool to schedule for internal meetings/events/to-do items and use the Meetings tool once you have committed to reaching out to a prospect. 

Principal conselheiro

When will meetings and tasks be synced? 

It seems crazy that they're not as you can essentially double book tasks and meetings.

Hubspot needs a calendar view where you can see all tasks and meetings in one place.

Are these features likely to be forthcoming?

Regular Contributor

The issue with what you are suggesting @roisinkirby is that this will not allow reps and management to easily plan, track and measure upcoming meetings scheduled as there is no place to see a list using the meetings functionality.

An example, we have created a report to show how many meetings a rep has confirmed for next week, as well as how many meetings they booked during the current week.

If you use a to-do for this it will show up in the tasks list but not as a meeting in this standard report!

Either you need to add the meetings to the tasks list, or you need to create a new task type called meeting, so that these can be planned, tracked and measured but the rep and management.

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

I second that, there should be a possibility to add a contact to the meeting, but only in Hubspot, so that google calendar won't send an invite to the person.

Occasional Contributor

Including check mark to add task placeholder on task list would be a great addition when scheduling meetings at hubspot.

Options to create a task already appear when adding notes, writing emails, logging activities. The only two missing places to have the ability to create a task are on meetings and Call

At the end of the day we all follow task list.....

Responder
0 Avaliação positiva
Regular Contributor

Totally agree with this, you should be able to see planned meetings in the future within the task list.

Please update this asap. thanks!

Principal conselheiro

Is it really that there is no option to see future/bookeed meetings, just as future tasks are visible???

This is a basic, obvious and must have feature...

Hubspot community or team. Is there a workaround on this???

Thanks!

Responder
0 Avaliação positiva
Occasional Contributor

Including check mark to add task placeholder on task list would be a great addition when scheduling meetings at hubspot.

Options to create a task already appear when adding notes, writing emails, logging activities.  The only two missing places to have the ability to create a task are on meetings and Call

At the end of the day we all follow task list.....

Occasional Contributor

This is a important feature to add to hubspot, god know why you can't see it in the task list. has anyone sent this ideas so we can vote on it and put higher up in the priority lists.

Kind regards

Responder
0 Avaliação positiva