Sales Hub Tools

ADAlbore

Users Can't Edit Deals

SOLVE

Dear All,

New to HubSpot, helping my organisation to setup rights for the Sales Team members.

Each team members got access to CRM and all of them got View, Edit and Delete rights on "Owned Only" and "Unassigned" Deals.

Now, all users are able to create Deals but... they cannot edit.

Any idea what could be wrong with the settings?

ADAlbore_0-1693476005114.png

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

Users Can't Edit Deals

SOLVE

Hi @ADAlbore,

This looks all correct. Unless there is a workflow that re-assigns deal ownership (that's potentially one last thing to check - does the deal owner remain the same one as set in the create deal form?), this seems to be a bug. I'd recommend reaching out to HubSpot support via the help button in the lower right corner of the app.

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
6 Replies 6
DevonC
Participant

Users Can't Edit Deals

SOLVE

Same problem here. User has full access to all deals but can't edit.

DevonC_0-1694034029561.png

0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

Users Can't Edit Deals

SOLVE

Hi @ADAlbore,

Happy to help here. I have a few questions: Where exactly and what exactly are they attempting to edit? For example, editing from the deal index page requires bulk editing permissions.

When creating the deal, are they assigning the the record to themselves? If they're selecting another user, they would immediately lose editing permissions.

If you're new to the tool, are you all sure you're working on the right object (deal), as they all look very similar?

Best regards

Karsten Köhler

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

ADAlbore

Users Can't Edit Deals

SOLVE

Dear Karsten,

Thanks for your feedback! Let me try to give more context to my query.

Where exactly and what exactly are they attempting to edit?

AD> user go to Sales > Deals > click on own deal

Then they get the message "Your permissions don't allow you to edit this record.". They need to change some property of the deal, may be value, date, contact, etc.

When creating the deal, are they assigning the the record to themselves? 

AD> YES!

If you're new to the tool, are you all sure you're working on the right object (deal), as they all look very similar?

AD> Not sure what do you mean by this. We access the object by Sales > Deals.

0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

Users Can't Edit Deals

SOLVE

Hi @ADAlbore,

Thanks for confirming. Could you please check where exactly you're attempting to edit the deal? On the deal index page (Menu > Sales > Deals) or on the deal record page?

Could you double check whether users have the permissions assigned and rule out that, for example, permissions weren't saved correctly?

Grasping at straws here, if the above are not conclusive then the next best step would be to reach out to HubSpot support as it would then seem like this is a bug.

Best regards

Karsten Köhler

0 Upvotes
ADAlbore

Users Can't Edit Deals

SOLVE

Hi Karsten,

As expained above, the user does the following:

Click on Sales > Deals

Click on the Deal title (owned deal)

Deal record is showing up with message "Your permissions don't allow you to edit this record.".

Current Team Users permissions for Deals are:

ADAlbore_0-1693552265342.png

Did I miss someting in my team permission settings?

0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

Users Can't Edit Deals

SOLVE

Hi @ADAlbore,

This looks all correct. Unless there is a workflow that re-assigns deal ownership (that's potentially one last thing to check - does the deal owner remain the same one as set in the create deal form?), this seems to be a bug. I'd recommend reaching out to HubSpot support via the help button in the lower right corner of the app.

Karsten Köhler

0 Upvotes