Unnecessary clicks when using task Call feature in Task queue.

Highlighted
New Contributor

I create a task titled "Call Customer A". The AI automatically changes it to a call.

When I use the task queue (which is always from my laptop) and this task comes up, it has a pop-up window prompting me to enter my phone number as it will "Automatically log calls with HubSpot, Record calls straight to your CRM so you can keep all your conversations in one place." I make calls on my mobile and do not want to call through my laptop. I need to close this reminder with every call task.  

Or I when I create the task titled "Call Customer A" and it automatically changes it to a call task I need to click the drop-down and change it back to a task. But then I need to manually add the call when I run through the queue. Now taking 2 clicks extra for each call task. 

I registered my cell number to see if that would help. And now a pop up comes up wanting to call through my laptop. I can not log any data about the call and need to close the window and add it manually again. This requires 3 mouse clicks for each call task.

I know I can add my number, I see this pop-up hundreds of times per week. Give me a checkbox to opt-out from seeing this message!!! 

Thank you in advance.

0 Upvotes
4 Replies 4
Resident Expert

@Nebcallahan check your setting for hubspot calling.  

I dont set my tasks as call. i use contact and have no tasks in the call queue. Or change all the call tasks to 'to-do"

New Contributor

Thanks for the info.

I have disabled the calling already. And that was going to be what my "fix" not use the hot word "Call" in titles. I'm using "Ring"!

But this takes 2 clicks. 1 click to log call tab, 1 click to log call. It is more efficient when you are going through the queue to have the log call box open automatically.

I understand they are trying to force everyone to use everything through the program to make more money, but it is not making the user interface better. But I guess I'm not a share holder...

0 Upvotes
Resident Expert

@Nebcallahan I am so confused. Are you using the calling inside Hubspot? When I make calls I simply log them and use whatever phone I want, 1 click. 

0 Upvotes
New Contributor

I am not using calling inside Hubspot. And do not want to. I am using whatever phone I want also. 

Maybe yours is different? With mine, I need to click "Calls" and then click "Log Call". 2 clicks.

Even with your one-click, it adds up to a lot of unnecessary clicks and it isn't efficient as it could be.

0 Upvotes