Unable to delete a notification

Highlighted
New Contributor

I am unable to delete a notification from the activity page. I click the x and it disappears but it reappears everytime the pages are reloaded. I do not want to go over the 200 notification limit. Is this happening for anybody else?

0 Upvotes
12 Replies
HubSpot Moderator

Hi @gstevens  Deleting notifications will not keep you under the limit. A notification is the thing that flys across the sceen when someone opens/clicks. What you are looking at is the notification stream. Once you hit the 200 limit, your notification steam will gray out, and you won't be able to view your stream til the first of the next month. The fly-ins from the upper right, though, will continue be seen. 

Find out more here.

Ed

Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution

I too have had this issue, its not regarding the 200 limit just that within hubspot sales my co-worker can not delete his notifications it occurred 3-4 weeks ago when the new look came in.  I am admin and others in my  team can delete but not him.  When he presses the X it dissappears but then re-appears once he clicks off the page and back on.  Any Ideas

0 Upvotes

Just to make sure we're talking about the same thing it is in the Sales Tools tab ------> Notifications

https://app.hubspot.com/sales-notifications/2190229/all

0 Upvotes
TH
New Contributor

Having the same issue.  Current notifications (2017) can be deleted.  I have notifications related to 6 contacts/messages that were logged between 4/16 and 5/2016 that display in the app and in the chrome extension that cannot be deleted. I click the X, they go away - and reappear when I refresh.

I deleted the message log / thread in the contact record to see if it removed the notification - but it didn't.

0 Upvotes
HubSpot Moderator

@TH  This should have been resolved earlier this year, I'm reaching out to the dev team now for further guidance and will follow-up when I learn more. 

Ed 

Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution
0 Upvotes
TH
New Contributor

0 Upvotes

Hi, The app notifications allowed me to delete older notifications. Now the "X" is gone and I can not delete them. Please advise how to delete older notifications from the App.

Thank you in advance

0 Upvotes
Community Manager

HI @Kodeeco,

Can you please share screenshots of where you are seeing this and what you are unable to "x" out of? 

Thank you,
Jenny

0 Upvotes

Doc7.jpg

0 Upvotes
Community Manager

Hi @Kodeeco,

Thank you for the screenshot! I was able to confirm that this is the expected functionality of a new version of the extension that is in the process of being rolled out.

Thank you,
Jenny

0 Upvotes
Occasional Contributor

A new version that does not allow deleting of activity streams?   Not user friendly

0 Upvotes
Occasional Contributor

I am having the same issue - I sent an e m to support looking for help.

I need to delete many activities logged from internal communications and many OLD ones

0 Upvotes