Sales Hub Tools

Olivia_Englert
Participante

True round robin functionality in meetings

resolver

Currently there isn't an ability for the “round robin” functionality for a meeting link to be a true round robin. What I mean by this is that the calendar of the individual who is next up on the round robin is not the only calendar displayed.  It would be very helpful to have the round robin be by the person who is next up for the round robin in the meeting link functionality. 

Use case for this is people who make thrue REFSe most sales get commissions. When the round robin isn't a true round robin one sales individual could be getting more customers to have meetings with which can lead to additional sales people making less sales, not hitting KPIs, then not earning as much money which ultimately could lead to an unhappy employee would would quit. 

1 Soluciones aceptada
Phil_Vallender
Solución
Miembro estimable | Partner nivel Diamond

resolver

Hi @Olivia_Englert 

You are right, and perhaps 'round robin' isn't the best name for this functionality - as it isn't acting in a round robin fashion but offering the prospect maximum choice of times.

If fair rotation is more important than providing the prospect with more choice in terms of meeting times, then the solution is to do round robin lead assignment using a workflow before allowing a prospect to book a meeting. 

Hope this helps.

Phil Vallender | HubSpot Website Agency

Ver la solución en mensaje original publicado

12 Respuestas 12
DStrelau
Participante

resolver

The booking link also needs a "team" to be an organizer. Having myself in the booking link, but the contact booking with another team member is odd.

LSadowski
Colaborador

resolver

At least this part can be worked around by determining one Hubspot Sales user whose meeting link path can be set in their account preferences to not be a text string showing their name (which is the default setting) but rather something like .../company-name/[meeting name], at least this is what we did when testing our Round Robin type meeting links.

Doug_Kramer
Colaborador

resolver

@sarahbaier27 Sorry for the delay. Yes!

I was able to automate this process using the Onboarding Owner's meeting link. The property/personalization token didn't pull through immediately but now I have options for either "Contact Owner" or "Onboarding Owner" in marketing emails in order to insert the correct person's meeting link  --- either the Contact Owner or Onboarding Owner.

I am still using a workflow with a Round Robin assignment to assign an Onboarding Owner. Once an Onboarding Owner is selected, the email comes from that Onboarding Owner with their unique meeting link.

So instead of using the  Round Robin Calendar link (which doesn't truly round robin because of customer's schedule preference and users availability, I round-robin to select the Onboarding Owner and then sent an email from that Onboarding Owner. 

sarahbaier27
Participante

resolver

@Doug_Kramer 
Thank you so much for this reply. I've been fighting the RR link for too long. I have some questions on your process if you don't mind sharing!

When you say

I was also was able to set up a personalization property for the "Onboarding Owner" similar to how you can set up personalization for the Contact Owner. So now Onboarding emails come from the "Onboarding Owner" with that owner's meeting link. It all works much better.

Are you able to automate this process using the Onboarding Owner's meeting link as a dynamic variable in the onboarding email? For instance, if I've been assigned as Onboarding Owner in the workflow, do you have a property/personalization token that will pull in my specific and unique meeting link to the automated onboarding email? I'm not sure how you're accomplishing this part without automating through logic branches and using individual email templates for each person in the Round Robin assignment, so any additional information would be really appreciated.

0 Me gusta
Doug_Kramer
Colaborador

resolver

@sarahbaier27 I know I am waaaay late on this but yes, I think you can insert the Onboarding Owner's meeting link as a token. It has to be their first/default calendar link. Here is a link to screenshot to show you: https://share.zight.com/bLuyBzqd

0 Me gusta
Phil_Vallender
Solución

resolver

Hi @Olivia_Englert 

You are right, and perhaps 'round robin' isn't the best name for this functionality - as it isn't acting in a round robin fashion but offering the prospect maximum choice of times.

If fair rotation is more important than providing the prospect with more choice in terms of meeting times, then the solution is to do round robin lead assignment using a workflow before allowing a prospect to book a meeting. 

Hope this helps.

Phil Vallender | HubSpot Website Agency
TMcAllister
Participante

resolver

Is there a good example of such a workflow?

0 Me gusta
kvlschaefer
Administrador de la comunidad
Administrador de la comunidad

resolver

Hi @TMcAllister,

I wanted to refer you to this knowledge base article regarding the "rotate records between multiple owners" action for workflows.

Best,

Kristen

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !
Doug_Kramer
Colaborador

resolver

Hello @Phil_Vallender,

Any thoughts if I am trying to use this Round Robin link for onboarding purposes? This is not a lead scenario but rather a closed deal. I am trying to rotate this Round Robin meeting links evenly between two individuals to spread the work evenly. 

I am thinking that a Workflow is the way to go to rotate between two Onboarding Team members evenly however I do not want to change the Deal Owner; it should stay the Sales Teammember who sold the Deal. 

This should be doable but I am struggling with the logic to set this up correctly.

Doug_Kramer
Colaborador

resolver

I actually figured this one out after some trial and error.

I ditched the Round Robin Meeting Link since it is not a true "round-robin" since it looks at multiple contacts calendar and also looking at the customer's preference. 

I created a new Property called "Onboarding Owner". I now assign an "Onboarding Owner" at the time a Deal closes and Round Robin via a Workflow NOT a Round Robin Meeting link

What this does is divides the closed deals evenly and in a true "round-robin" fashion. I was also was able to set up a personalization property for the "Onboarding Owner" similar to how you can set up personalization for the Contact Owner. So now Onboarding emails come from the "Onboarding Owner" with that owner's meeting link. It all works much better.

I know others are looking for a way for Inbound Leads to be distributed through "round-robin" and the best way to do that seems to be through a Workflow and not a Round Robin Meeting link.

atotheme
Participante

resolver

Thanks Doug! This is super helpful

0 Me gusta
Doug_Kramer
Colaborador

resolver

Glad I was able to help!

0 Me gusta