True round robin functionality in meetings

SOLVE
Olivia_Englert
Participant

Currently there isn't an ability for the “round robin” functionality for a meeting link to be a true round robin. What I mean by this is that the calendar of the individual who is next up on the round robin is not the only calendar displayed.  It would be very helpful to have the round robin be by the person who is next up for the round robin in the meeting link functionality. 

Use case for this is people who make thrue REFSe most sales get commissions. When the round robin isn't a true round robin one sales individual could be getting more customers to have meetings with which can lead to additional sales people making less sales, not hitting KPIs, then not earning as much money which ultimately could lead to an unhappy employee would would quit. 

1 Accepted solution

Accepted Solutions
Phil_Vallender
Solution
Most Valuable Member | Diamond Partner

Hi @Olivia_Englert 

You are right, and perhaps 'round robin' isn't the best name for this functionality - as it isn't acting in a round robin fashion but offering the prospect maximum choice of times.

If fair rotation is more important than providing the prospect with more choice in terms of meeting times, then the solution is to do round robin lead assignment using a workflow before allowing a prospect to book a meeting. 

Hope this helps.

Phil Vallender | Inbound marketing for B2B technology companies

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3
Phil_Vallender
Solution
Most Valuable Member | Diamond Partner

Hi @Olivia_Englert 

You are right, and perhaps 'round robin' isn't the best name for this functionality - as it isn't acting in a round robin fashion but offering the prospect maximum choice of times.

If fair rotation is more important than providing the prospect with more choice in terms of meeting times, then the solution is to do round robin lead assignment using a workflow before allowing a prospect to book a meeting. 

Hope this helps.

Phil Vallender | Inbound marketing for B2B technology companies

View solution in original post

Doug_Kramer
Participant

Hello @Phil_Vallender,

Any thoughts if I am trying to use this Round Robin link for onboarding purposes? This is not a lead scenario but rather a closed deal. I am trying to rotate this Round Robin meeting links evenly between two individuals to spread the work evenly. 

I am thinking that a Workflow is the way to go to rotate between two Onboarding Team members evenly however I do not want to change the Deal Owner; it should stay the Sales Teammember who sold the Deal. 

This should be doable but I am struggling with the logic to set this up correctly.

Doug_Kramer
Participant

I actually figured this one out after some trial and error.

I ditched the Round Robin Meeting Link since it is not a true "round-robin" since it looks at multiple contacts calendar and also looking at the customer's preference. 

I created a new Property called "Onboarding Owner". I now assign an "Onboarding Owner" at the time a Deal closes and Round Robin via a Workflow NOT a Round Robin Meeting link

What this does is divides the closed deals evenly and in a true "round-robin" fashion. I was also was able to set up a personalization property for the "Onboarding Owner" similar to how you can set up personalization for the Contact Owner. So now Onboarding emails come from the "Onboarding Owner" with that owner's meeting link. It all works much better.

I know others are looking for a way for Inbound Leads to be distributed through "round-robin" and the best way to do that seems to be through a Workflow and not a Round Robin Meeting link.