Sales Hub Tools

israelj

Trouble Creating Meeting Link for User with Free Plan

I've just upgraded our account so that my boss can have a meeting link. But we shouldn't have to. How do I delete the meeting link in my account, that I won't ever use and don't need? We don't need two peronsal meeting links, but I can't remove mine.

HERE'S PART OF MY LIVE CHAT SUPPORT TRANSCRIPT

how do I change the default meeting calendar to be a different user and not mine?

my boss needs to be the one who has a meeting link, but it defaults to my account. i don't need people to meet with me.

and I can't find where to change that or where to delete my meeting

we only have one meeting link on the free account, and i can't figure out how to remove my meeting link so that he can make one.

i also disconnected my google calendar but that didn't fix it

LIVE CHAT RESPONDED
Okay thanks for your patience there, so in the free tools you should have access to one meetings link per user in the account, so your boss should be able to connect their calendar and then create a meetings link that way.

that's not what we've experienced

image (16).png
This is what he sees

image (17).png
yes, that's what he sees from this page when he clicks on meeting link

because so far it's acting like only one user can have a meeting link for our entire organization. and for whatever reason it's picked me as that person.

image (19).png
also, this is what he sees on his settings panel.

0 Upvotes
5 Replies 5
jennysowyrda
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @israelj,

Are the screenshots you are sharing from after you upgraded your account, or before? The screenshots indicate that the user is still associated with a free sales plan. 

For free sales users, the original meeting link will not be able to be deleted. You can disconnect your calendar from HubSpot and this will make the link inactive. 

For sales starter customers, you can create a second meetings link without taking actions on the original link.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Thank you,
Jenny

0 Upvotes
israelj

Yeah, this seems to be the problem we are running into. I tested all the hubspot stuff so I could train our team, and then this one component I could delete. So basically we can't use the meetings integration without buying Hubspot. Since it's all linked to my name and my account and I'm not the one doing any of the meetings.

So not being able to reset/delete the calendar link is not clear at all until someone else on your team wants to use meetings. 

0 Upvotes
jennysowyrda
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @israelj,

The meetings link is associated with the individual user. If a new user wants to connect their calendar and create a meetings link, you can add them as a user in the free account and they'll be able to create their own meetings link.

Thank you,

Jenny

0 Upvotes
israelj

We tried that, and he wasn't able to create a meeting link until we got the starter plan. I talked with support and they said they couldn't change it. That it's supposed to be where any user can have one free meeting link but that for whatever reason we couldn't actually do that. Only I could create a meeting link.

I'm not sure this can get resolved. I just felt like i was hoping someone had experienced what we experienced.

0 Upvotes
jennysowyrda
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @israelj,

Can you confirm the user has sales permissions enabled? 

If they're seeing the screen you referenced in your original post, they'll want to click "create meetings link" in the top right hand corner (above the upgrade message). 

image (2).png

Thank you,
Jenny

0 Upvotes