Sales Hub Tools

Augustus
Top Contributor

Trigger workflow on each new line item added

I'm trying to use a workflow to automatically create tasks into a queue that are created when a line item on a deal has one of its property/fields changed to a specific value, ex. "Start Negotiations" = True.

So if a deal has three different line items, when each line item has its "Start Negotiations" property changed to True, it will trigger the workflow to create the task.

Currently, the Deal trigger for line items seems limited to when at least 1 line has this property value ("At least one associated Line item has..."), so it works for the first line item added, but not when 2+ line items added.  And even in the trigger settings, it says that the "Start Negotiations" can be used for re-enrollment.

Any thoughts on how I need to set to trigger re-enrollment on each new line item?

5 Replies 5
MPenn6
Participant

Did you ever find a solution for this?

0 Upvotes
abockler1f
Contributor | Diamond Partner
Contributor | Diamond Partner

We'd love to have a bit more flexibility on using line items in deals for our clients, as well! 

TiphaineCuisset
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Augustus 

Thank you for reaching out. 

I want to tag some of our experts on this - @Josh @Bryantworks @NicoleSengers any thoughts for @Augustus on this? 

Thank you!

Best

Tiphaine

Saviez vous que la Communauté est disponible en français?
Rejoignez les discussions francophones en changeant votre langue dans les paramètres !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

LHarney
Contributor | Elite Partner
Contributor | Elite Partner

Is there a solution to this problem? @Josh @Bryantworks @NicoleSengers 

0 Upvotes
Augustus
Top Contributor

Thanks - hope there is a way to solve.

FYI - I re-read my post and wanted to clarify that the settings for the trigger indicate that my current trigger CANNOT be used for re-enrollment; I had written "And even in the trigger settings, it says that the "Start Negotiations" can be used for re-enrollment."

It would be great to know why that can't be used for re-enrollment.

0 Upvotes