Calling

LSunstrum
Participant

Tracking Missed Calls & Creating Tickets For Unknown Contacts

SOLVE

Hey Hubspot!

Been trying to figure this out for a while. I have a Zapier integration setup so that any missed calls with automatically create a task for existing contacts. However, for non existing contacts who call and Hubspot does not recognize the phone number. How do I have Hubspot create a contact auto matically and  then create a task for a sales rep to call them back?

I have the system figured out for existing contacts, but can't figure it out for non existing contacts. Any help would be appreciated! Currently we look at our call history to see if there are any missed calls with non existing contacts, but its not a very scalable option.

Thanks!

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
danmoyle
Solution
Most Valuable Member | Elite Partner

SOLVE

Hi @LSunstrum . Interesting question. As HubSpot creates contacts based on email address as the unique identifier (which it uses to deduplicate contacts and automatically associate contacts with companies), I wonder how you would approach creating a contact with just a phone number. 

Could you have Zapier log a missed call as a new contact based on the phone number? I haven't built that before, but that's where my mind goes. Then your Zap for creating a task could work with the new contact even though there isn't an email in the record. 

I'll look around for more insight/ideas. Others @PamCotton tagged may have specific experience with this, too. 

Cheers! 

Did my answer help? Please "mark as a solution" to help others find answers. Plus I really appreciate it!

Dan Moyle

HubSpot Advisor

LearningOps | Impulse Creative

emailAddress
dan@impulsecreative.com
website
https://impulsecreative.com/

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3
LSunstrum
Participant

SOLVE

Hey Dan,

Thanks for the insight ! 

To be honest I'm not super familiar with Zapier, but there might be a way to do that, I'll have to look look into it more!

I'm surprised theres not a phone system (Ring Central, Kixie etc) that can automatically create contacts for missed calls.  There should be a way as I'm sure many large companies gets lots of missed calls during their non business hours, and I'm sure they have figured out a scalebale way to call back people instead of just checking the back end of call history on Ring Central.

danmoyle
Solution

SOLVE

Hi @LSunstrum . Interesting question. As HubSpot creates contacts based on email address as the unique identifier (which it uses to deduplicate contacts and automatically associate contacts with companies), I wonder how you would approach creating a contact with just a phone number. 

Could you have Zapier log a missed call as a new contact based on the phone number? I haven't built that before, but that's where my mind goes. Then your Zap for creating a task could work with the new contact even though there isn't an email in the record. 

I'll look around for more insight/ideas. Others @PamCotton tagged may have specific experience with this, too. 

Cheers! 

Did my answer help? Please "mark as a solution" to help others find answers. Plus I really appreciate it!

Dan Moyle

HubSpot Advisor

LearningOps | Impulse Creative

emailAddress
dan@impulsecreative.com
website
https://impulsecreative.com/
PamCotton
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hello @LSunstrum, Happy Monday! I wanted to add some top experts to this matter @danmoyle @HubDoPete any recommendations to @LSunstrum?

Thank you,

Pam

Você sabia que a Comunidade está disponível em outros idiomas?
Participe de conversas regionais, alterando suas configurações de idioma !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

0 Upvotes