Sales Hub Tools

MartinTrenkle
Miembro

Tracking Meetings in Google Analytics

Currently we use Hubspot Meetings as a CTA on our homepage. Unfortunately it is not possible to setup the event as a goal in Google Analytics.

I would like to send an event to Google Analytics as soon as someone schedules a meeting. This means we need to specify the goal details and our property information in Hubspot.

If we are not able to do that, we cannot judge whether Hubspot Meetings is a good CTA and which kind of users prefer this CTA . We track the button click, but unfortunately not all users who click the button convert to a phone call.

Is there an option like Calendly to connect Hubspot with Google Analytics?
https://calendly.com/pages/integrations/google-analytics

Otherwise - do you suggest using Calendly and connecting it to Hubspot?

31 Respuestas 31
surmacki
Colaborador

Right now you can redirect people scheduling a meeting with HubSpot meeting link to a thank you page and track conversion upon visiting certain URL like: /meeting-scheduled-thank-you-page

It works for me on my company webpage: www.surmacki.com - you can check it out.

0 Me gusta
JSong8
Miembro

Hi,

We did the same thing as yours. We have the meeting link embed in our landing page, and it will redirect to thank tou page. So we set the destination goal in GA.  But the problem is all the conversion are from meetings.hubspot.com as referral, it hides the real channel or landing pages 

0 Me gusta
Simon225
Miembro

How can you have a thank-you page with Hubspot Meeting ? I use the Starter kit and I can't find this anywhere in the configuration pages.

0 Me gusta
ktfritchen
Colaborador

Hi Simon,

I'm on Professional, so maybe the configuration is different from Starter. But, you can set up the thank you page redirect here:

ktfritchen_0-1634137985083.png

PolFisas
Participante

Thank you!

Another option is to create a landing page with Hubspot, enter the meeting module and insert the JS code from GTM (Google Tag Manager)

0 Me gusta
anthonymm
Miembro

Yes, you can track HubSpot Meeting in Google Analytics – we use Google Tag Manager and a JavaScript event listener to watch for the meeting event.

Here's how you do it, in detail with screenshots and code: 

http://modernmedia.io/hubspot-meetings-conversion-tracking/

Let me know if you have any questions or get stuck setting it up.

-Anthony

brycekunkel
Colaborador

@anthonymm, are you still able to replicate this? I tried adding the GTM script to the page settings, but nothing shows up when I visit our meetings page (reguardless of the TLD). Use case is that I want to embed the meetings widget on my website (which is not hosted in HS), AND track conversions through the widget. Any help is much appreciated. 

0 Me gusta
MontaGal
Participante

Hi,
Sorry but I don't understand how this solution could possibly work.
The meeting form is displayed in an iframe from HS domain https://meetings.hubspot.com
You cant add google tag manager and track events on a domain you don't own...

jenguyen
Participante

Hi Anthony, am I able to track the meetings if my website is not hosted on HubSpot?

My HubSpot meeting link is embedded on a non-HubSpot website.

Thank you very much! 
0 Me gusta
ktfritchen
Colaborador

This is huge. Thank you so much for sharing, your article was super detailed & helpful. I got it all set up no problem. I would only add an update that now that you can link GA and Ads conversions, I only had to set it up in GA and it seems to be tracking perfectly fine in Ads.

Would you still recommend setting up a separate Ads tag? I'm concerned that it would duplicate conversions & curious if you've had experience with this. 

Thanks again! You're a life saver 🙂

0 Me gusta
AdrianCordiner
Participante | Partner nivel Diamond
Participante | Partner nivel Diamond

Hi Anthony - the example you've provided shows adding code to a Hubspot page. Is it possible to track this on sites not using the Hubspot COS?

0 Me gusta
setheryb
Colaborador

I've followed all the steps in the article and have the code in the head and footer settings in HubSpot but Tag Manager does not show up when using a meetings page.

Does it only work if it is embedded?

0 Me gusta
astruble12
Miembro

@setheryb  Hi... did you happen to figure this out? I'm hvaing the same problem!

0 Me gusta
davef
Colaborador

Thank you Anthony! I had no idea the form could be embedded as this function is restricted to those with a sales license which is not necessary for me on a daily basis.

As the overall admin and owner I couldn't access the embed code, so i had to log in as my head of sales, copy the code, then log back into my own account because my sales guys cant create landing pages, to use the code.

Absolutely ridiculous system.

0 Me gusta
PolFisas
Participante

Thank you very much Anthony!

I have followed the steps, I see that he is picking up the events and Trigger, but I can't get the event sent in GA.

Might you help me?

0 Me gusta
PolFisas
Participante

Hello again,
It seems I had a little mistake. Everything works correctly.

I take this opportunity to ask a related question. Currently in normal HubSpot forms we send the clientid and gclid, either by url or cooky parameter of the user.

The Meeting form has no option to add hidden fields. Can you think of how we could do it?

Thanks again.

0 Me gusta
PolFisas
Participante

Hi!
We find ourselves in the same situation.

I think of a way, but I have to find out if, like the forms, you can send hidden fields in the meetings.

If we are caputing by cookie the ClientID and visitor Gclid. We can create a workflow with activator meeting meeting that triggers a webhook towards the Google Ads API and measurement protocol to Google Analytics.

In this way we could associate and attribute the conversion correctly.

As I asked before, you need the possibility to send the hidden field Client id and / or Gclid in the meeting form.

Traxion-CW
Colaborador

We also desperately need this functionality and are considering moving away from Hubspot meetings because of this. 

DaveE
Participante

For a system that likes to track everything, the 'Head of Tracking Everything' must have been on holiday when the Meeting functionality was designed and built. 

Please connect the dots HubSpot!

SpartanGomez
Participante

I'm having the same issue and running into the same problem with trying to track meetings as conversions.

Has anyone from HubSpot team addressed this, or at least mentioned it as a change request?