Sales Hub Tools

paulbab1998
Contributor

Tracking Deals through Workflow

SOLVE

Hi,

I'm trying to create a Workflow that notifies me when a deal that is greater than $500K moves out of the quarter.

Is there any way to set a trigger based on when a live date changes from one range to another range?

Thanks,

Paul

0 Upvotes
2 Accepted solutions
dazcunaga
Solution
Member | Elite Partner
Member | Elite Partner

SOLVE

Hello Paul, 

I don't believe you can be that specific, but maybe a workflow that notifies you when the close date is updated and the notification can be specific to the amount of days. 

Here is  an example image of a Workflow that may be useful to you
Test WF for answer in hS community.png

View solution in original post

benesch_e
Solution
Contributor

SOLVE

@paulbab1998 

If you have access to the Sales Analytics tool in reporting, there is a report called Deal change history over time. You will have to fiddle with the parameters for when things occure (deal closes this quarter, next quarter, last quarter ect, and change happened this month, last month ect) for what you need, and add the additional filter of Deal Amount is greater than or equal to $500K, but this should show you the information  you want - you would just have to set it up a dashboard so it is easily visible

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7
benesch_e
Solution
Contributor

SOLVE

@paulbab1998 

If you have access to the Sales Analytics tool in reporting, there is a report called Deal change history over time. You will have to fiddle with the parameters for when things occure (deal closes this quarter, next quarter, last quarter ect, and change happened this month, last month ect) for what you need, and add the additional filter of Deal Amount is greater than or equal to $500K, but this should show you the information  you want - you would just have to set it up a dashboard so it is easily visible

paulbab1998
Contributor

SOLVE

@benesch_e 

What a great idea!  I'm just starting to explore the new Analytics tools, but this was a great lead. I followed your suggestion and created a report and put it on a dashboard that I frequent.  Appreciate the suggestion!

Paul

dazcunaga
Solution
Member | Elite Partner
Member | Elite Partner

SOLVE

Hello Paul, 

I don't believe you can be that specific, but maybe a workflow that notifies you when the close date is updated and the notification can be specific to the amount of days. 

Here is  an example image of a Workflow that may be useful to you
Test WF for answer in hS community.png

paulbab1998
Contributor

SOLVE

This looks like a good workaround!  Thanks

0 Upvotes
KTownsend
Top Contributor | Elite Partner

SOLVE

Hi!

This should be possible - would you be able to clairfy what you mean by move out of the quarter? Are you referring to the deal stage here? if so, which deal stage would it be moving into? I'll take a look into this for you.

Katie Townsend - Acquisition Consultant at BBD Boom
0 Upvotes
paulbab1998
Contributor

SOLVE

Hi, thanks KTownsend.  By moving out of quarter, I mean if the close date moves out of the current quarter that it is in.  So for example, if we have Deal X with a close date of 3/15, but then moves to 4/15 then for us, that is a deal moving out of quarter.

Thanks,

Paul

0 Upvotes
KTownsend

SOLVE

Ahh okay, sorry for the misunderstanding here. Unfortunately, it is not currently possible to create a workflow with the enrolment trigger based around close date. However, HubSpot is a constantly envolving platform, so I would recommend submitting this to the Ideas Form, which you can find here: https://community.hubspot.com/t5/HubSpot-Ideas/idb-p/HubSpot_Ideas 

Hope this helps!

Katie

Katie Townsend - Acquisition Consultant at BBD Boom
0 Upvotes