Tokens in Sales emails need owner info included

christa
Participant

We have account managers that enroll contacts in sequences and send emails connecting the contact with their sales rep. To do this we have been using a token to insert the Hubspot Owner's email and meeting link in the templates being used. Now those {{ ... }} are invalid.

I spoke directly with a Hubspot employee about the challenge we had with sending emails from an account manager when the goal is to set a meeting with a sales rep. I was frustrated that we could insert owner tokens on the marketing emails but not on sales emails. He gave me a workaround using the curly bracket token {{owner.meetings_link}} we also use this method to insert the owner's email address.

We should either be able to use the curly brackets in Sales templates to continue what we have been doing OR better yet make the tokens available. Why is the Sales Template experience different than the Marketing email experience? You can easily insert Hubspot Owner tokens when creating a marketing email. Big miss in design here. This is a big deal for us and any sales team that has account managers. A fix should be considered high priority.

BTW I checked out the round robin meeting link and that experience is not good. The email recipient has to enter their email into an overlay before seeing a calendar. That makes no sense from a user experience.

1 Reply 1
edjusten
HubSpot Employee

Hi @christa  Thank you for your observations and comments. Apologies we have not responded sooner. 

While the HubSpot CRM and Sales features work great for direct 1:1 message tracking between your sales teams and prospects, the system isn't really optiomized for management tasks. Tokens are included in the marketing blast email tool as a way to customize the message for the various contacts receiving the message (as the recipients of a marketing blast could have different owners).

The reason the owner meeting token is not included with 1:1 sales emails, is that at this point in your relationship with the client/prospect, ownership has already been established; for example, if you are using the CRM to send an individual email, it should be coming from the contact's owner, in which case the sender's meeting link can be included (as part of a template). 

Your feedback is valid though, it would be best to head over to our ideas forum and add this as a post to our ideas forum for further comment ( a seperate post regarding the round-robin interface would be welcome also).  

Thank you,

Ed Justen

Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution
0 Upvotes