Sales Hub Tools

MSuzuki

The chat does not restore the history

I have a question about the chat setup.
When we tried HubSpot Chat with our service, the chat widget is refreshed just by refreshing the browser or moving to another page, and there is no history on the customer screen.

As for the implementation, I have embedded the tracking code into the page using Google Tag manager.
As long as they stay on the same page, it is possible to chat with them during that time.
We have made sure that messagesUtk and other cookies that may be necessary are saved even after the screen transition.

At the very least, we would like to have a history of the chat on the customer's side when the customer moves to another page or closes the browser and opens the corresponding page again.

Can you please tell us how we can achieve this?

0 Upvotes
2 Replies 2
MSuzuki

Hi @sharonlicari 

Thanks for your reply!

I read the idea in a forum, but the problem looks different.

My problem is that the customer side chat history is not saved, even though I just reloaded the screen in the same browser and the cookie seems to have the same content saved.

Can you please tell me what mechanism you are using to link the customer side chat with the customer?

Currently, it is impossible to reply to a customer's chat because the customer's widget is refreshed almost every time before we can reply to it.

Thanks. 

0 Upvotes
sharonlicari
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @MSuzuki 

Thank you for reaching out!

At the moment this is not possible within HubSpot. I'll encourage you to upvote for this idea in our Ideas forum. As you can see the status is: In Planning, which means our Product team is working to develop this functionality in our platform. Our Product team will update this idea as soon as this will be available for our users. 

Thanks

Sharon

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

0 Upvotes