Templates - Using Tokens

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Is there any way to manipulate the options under Contact Token to include any Buyers in the associated company?

For example:

Hi Joe (contact token),

We’ve previously supported XYZ (company token) by partnering with Bob, Sally, Mary, and Cathy (Contact Token - All Buyers in associated Company) on various projects.

Blah blah blah remainder of email…

0 Upvotes
6 Replies 6
Highlighted
HubSpot Employee

Hi @Dan_Pyle  The short answer is most likely no. How do you have buyers listed in your contacts? If they are just other contacts who you know to be buyers, you won't be able to add a token for them. If they are listed in the contact record for each individual who will receive this email, you might be able to create a token for them. 

Let me know how buyers are designated in the contact record and I will do my best to advise you further. 

Ed

Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution
0 Upvotes
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Hi Ed,

They are part of a dropdown selection, so it is something that could most definitely be separated out as specific criteria, generally speaking - I think we just need to know how to make that dropdown box and its contents part of the criteria in a Contact Token. 

Hopefully that makes sense?

Thanks,

Dan

0 Upvotes
Highlighted
HubSpot Employee

If the buyers dropdown list is a specific contact property, then it may be available ( I don't have access to your portal so I can't check). But in this case, if it's not available, there would not be a way to make it available as a user token. This functionality is baked in to the system and is not able to be edited at the end user level.

Ed  

Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution
0 Upvotes
Highlighted
HubSpot Employee

Hi. That is what I'm saying. If it's not already available as a personalization token, there is not a mechanism to make it a contact token. I'm checking to see if personalization tokens are only available for default HubSpot properties, or if there are other criteria that allows the system to recognize them as a personalization token. Either way, if they are not available as personalization tokens now, we won't be able to push a button to make them available as tokens.

Ed   

0 Upvotes
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Forgive my ignorance, I'm new to hubspot and your terminology.

What is the difference between a "personalization token" and a "contact token"?

0 Upvotes
Highlighted
HubSpot Employee

They are the same thing.   ~Ed

0 Upvotes