Sales Hub Tools

GRosenberger

Tasks not being created by a Sequence (for some users)

Hi community,

I have a sequence created for use by our SDRs.  They enroll the contact and receive their first task: Cold Call #1.  Immediately after that call is marked completed the sequence should assign that SDR Cold Email #1, but it is not happening. 

This functions properly when the SDR is using the Task Manager (i.e. clicks on Start ## Tasks), but not if they just mark the task complete from the Contact Record. 

Can someone help?  This is causing us a lot of confusion with where we're at in the sequences since the SDRs do not always use the Task Manager feature.

Other facts:

1. The SDR is not the owner of the sequence, but is the one who enrolls the contact in the sequence.

2. The SDR is not in the US but their time zone is set to Eastern US Time on their PC and in Hubspot.

0 Upvotes
4 Replies 4
karstenkoehler
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

Hi @GRosenberger,

Could you please specify this part?

@GRosenberger wrote:

This functions properly when the SDR is using the Task Manager (i.e. clicks on Start ## Tasks), but not if they just mark the task complete from the Contact Record. 

Am I understanding correctly, that if task #1 is completed through Sales > Tasks > Start [number] tasks, task #2 is created – however if task #1 is marked completed on the contact record, task #2 is not created?

Just to confirm, the contacts who do not get task #2 are still enrolled in the sequence? (Unenrollment could be a reason for task #2 not being created.)

Also, is this happening across the board or during certain times? For example, the "Send emails and create tasks on business days only" setting might make it seem like tasks are being created inconsistently.

If you checked all of the above, I would reach out to HubSpot support who have access to your portal and can better investigate. This might be a bug.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

GRosenberger

Hi Karsten.  Thanks for the quick reply.  I confirm all points.  I watched the issue happen today.

1. If task #1 is marked completed on the contact record, task #2 is not created

2. The contacts who do not get task #2 are still enrolled in the sequence, confirmed in the Sequence manager view

3. This is happening during business hours, observed today.

It sounds like support is the way forward.  Would you mind confirming how to reach support?  It seems that's not very obvious to me.

0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

Hi @GRosenberger,

You can either go through the purple "Help" widget at the lower right of the screen (in HubSpot) and contact support. Alternatively, you can go through this website: https://help.hubspot.com/

This support is not available to users of the free CRM (in other words, it's something that's included in your subscription and that I recommend making use of).

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

GRosenberger

Thank you sir! If they are as quick to reply as you, I will have no trouble!
0 Upvotes