Sales Hub Tools

amk158
Participant

Steps in sequences assigned to multiple users

SOLVE

It would be helpful if you could assign the first two emails sent in sequence to be sent from user A and then the next set sent from user B. 

We work in a niche B2B market and our CEO/president's reputation in the market helps us to gain responses with certain sized firms. So it would be useful if our sales rep sends two emails unopened or unanswered and then if we could follow that up with a note from our CEO/president. 

1 Accepted solution
dan_sitton
Solution
Contributor

SOLVE

Hi @amk158,

I have a couple of thoughts about what you're trying to accomplish.

1.  Depending on the order size and profitability, you might want to consider a manual transition from sales rep to executive outreach. My organization is in a different industry but has a similar approach in that if a sales rep is unable to connect, we try to reach out with a VP. However, automating this step seems to lose the personal connection this type of sales requires. So, we have the sales team identify unconnected high-value targets for executive outreach. They put together an account brief for review by the executive (using OneNote or Word), that allows the executive to quickly formulate a contextual message. This transfer can be made through the sales team creating tasks in HubSpot for the executive. And these briefs can be attached to the account through the creation of a Contact Property that has the link to the brief (if you're using an online tool like Evernote, which we used before OneNote). This can be a little time intensive and requires high-level alignment on ideal/profitable customers but it can be a real game-changer.
  2. If the executive outreach is the exact same for each client, I would recommend employing using the Marketing Hub to send that email automatically using a Workflow.
  3. If the outreach is similar but not the same, I would recommend employing a similar strategy to my first point. But instead of writing the executive email from scratch I would have a template that has customizable points. And instead of writing a full brief, I would have the sales reps create the task for the executive with a description of what information would be most valuable to that Lead that can be added in those customizable points in the template. This cuts down on the MSDA costs of a sale that isn't as high in revenue or profit.

I hope this helps!

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4
jennysowyrda
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @amk158,

Would you mind sharing a bit more about your business and how having different email addresses associated has helped you in the past? 

One workaround for the moment could be to create separate sequences for the two types of communication, however this is more manual. 

Thanks,
Jenny

0 Upvotes
amk158
Participant

SOLVE

Hi,

Our target market is institutional asset managers and its a very relationship heavy industry so we want to leverage our president's and ceo's status and relationships at a certain point in the sequence if the sales reps do not get a response.

I ended up using workflows but it's still not the solution i want because theyre are not enough filtering for options for sequences. 

0 Upvotes
dan_sitton
Solution
Contributor

SOLVE

Hi @amk158,

I have a couple of thoughts about what you're trying to accomplish.

1.  Depending on the order size and profitability, you might want to consider a manual transition from sales rep to executive outreach. My organization is in a different industry but has a similar approach in that if a sales rep is unable to connect, we try to reach out with a VP. However, automating this step seems to lose the personal connection this type of sales requires. So, we have the sales team identify unconnected high-value targets for executive outreach. They put together an account brief for review by the executive (using OneNote or Word), that allows the executive to quickly formulate a contextual message. This transfer can be made through the sales team creating tasks in HubSpot for the executive. And these briefs can be attached to the account through the creation of a Contact Property that has the link to the brief (if you're using an online tool like Evernote, which we used before OneNote). This can be a little time intensive and requires high-level alignment on ideal/profitable customers but it can be a real game-changer.
  2. If the executive outreach is the exact same for each client, I would recommend employing using the Marketing Hub to send that email automatically using a Workflow.
  3. If the outreach is similar but not the same, I would recommend employing a similar strategy to my first point. But instead of writing the executive email from scratch I would have a template that has customizable points. And instead of writing a full brief, I would have the sales reps create the task for the executive with a description of what information would be most valuable to that Lead that can be added in those customizable points in the template. This cuts down on the MSDA costs of a sale that isn't as high in revenue or profit.

I hope this helps!

jennysowyrda
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Thanks @amk158,

This thread discusses something similar with @dan_sitton's suggestion of having a blank template within a sequence. It is not a direct match, but wanted to make sure it was on your radar.

Thanks,

Jenny