Sales Hub Tools

gdBI

Snippet change to automatically update email Template

SOLVE

Hi,

When I make a change to a snippet, I was expecting that change to automatically update in email templates where I've used the snippet.  This is not happenning.  Is the intended behaviour ... once a snippet is inserted into an email template, then any further change to that snippet does not update the email template?

Greg

1 Accepted solution
edjusten
Solution
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

Hi @gdBI  The snippet feature is a quick and easy way to add a block of text. Once the text is inserted though, it is no longer associated with the snippet. Therefore a change to the snippet will not change any text previously entered onto email templates. Instead, you can reformat the templates with the new snippets. 

Thank you,

Ed Justen

Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
6 Replies 6
edjusten
Solution
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

Hi @gdBI  The snippet feature is a quick and easy way to add a block of text. Once the text is inserted though, it is no longer associated with the snippet. Therefore a change to the snippet will not change any text previously entered onto email templates. Instead, you can reformat the templates with the new snippets. 

Thank you,

Ed Justen

Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution
0 Upvotes
thomaskuehn
Participant

SOLVE

Hi Ed,

Thank you for the update! It would be great to have a way to add a snippet (or something else) as a variable to a template, so the snippet/variable get changed, the template is also automatically changed.

Is there already a way to do this? If yes, how can I do this?
If not, it would be great to implement this.

Thank you,
Thomas

Hein_Aggenbag
Participant

SOLVE

Hi,

Since 1pm today my snippets no longer work (deal: amount; deal: collection address; deal: delivery address) in the body of my emails sent via hubspot crm.

I tried to edit the email template by removing and adding the snippet again, still not working.

Is there something I can try?  These snippets (deal: collection address; deal: delivery address) I have created myself and was working for about a month now.

Thanks!

0 Upvotes
jennysowyrda
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

HI @Hein_Aggenbag,

Are you still experiencing this issue? If so, can you please send along screenshots.

Thanks,
Jenny

Hein_Aggenbag
Participant

SOLVE

Sorry for the late reply, but the problem sorted itself out 😉

gdBI

SOLVE
Thanks Ed.
0 Upvotes