Hola! ¡Tenemos nuestra Comunidad en Español!

Sharing sequences between team & task queues

Highlighted
Top Contributor

hi there, 

PROBLEM = i have set up sequences with 5 emails and then a task at the end to change contact status. the task is assigned to a task queue to make it easy to work through this group of the same tasks. 

all team members can use the sequence. BUT, once the end task is created, it wont be assigned to a task queue becuase task queues are individual by user. 

so all my other team members will have to sort through their tasks individually. 

is there a solution to this? the only workaround i can think of would be each user cloning the sequence and updating the end task to their own queue. BUT that then means we end up with a whole bunch of the same sequence. 

???

8 Replies 8
Community Manager

Hey @keriestewart thank you for taking the time to write such a detailed post. Apologies for the delay. Are you still at a roadblock? @Josh have you worked with customers who have similar goals / roadblocks?

0 Upvotes
Top Contributor

Thanks @roisinkirby  yes absolutely still stuck on this one. 

and as we are recruiting a new sales member now, would be great to get some clarity / ideas around this asap! 

0 Upvotes
Community Manager

@MFrankJohnson@Josh what would you advise?

@keriestewart can you please confirm if you are using Sales Free, Starter or Pro? If one of the latter two can you confirm if you're using the tasks queue as an alternative to the sequences queue?

0 Upvotes
Regular Advisor | Gold Partner | HubSpot Certified Trainer

Hi @keriestewart,

I haven't run into this particular issue as described, but it would be helpful to get a bit more info around the scenario as @roisinkirby mentioned. Can you elaborate on that and from there hopefully I, or one of the other folks here can help you out.

Thanks!

Did this post help solve your problem? If so, please mark it as a solution.

Josh Curcio

We help tier 1 & 2 manufacturers generate leads!
HubSpot Gold Partner & HubSpot Certified Trainer

0 Upvotes
Top Contributor

thanks @Josh have just posted reply to Roisin.

0 Upvotes
Community Thought Leader

Short A: We use sequences sparingly to create tasks. Tasks created with sequences generally aren't powerful enough for our needs and lead to too much clutter -- i.e., generic tasks.

Longer A:

However, we use workflows to create 'Kicka$$ Tasks' [our word]. Kicka$$ Tasks have the following kicka$$ benefits over generic tasks created by sequences.
-1- Contact Tokens in task titles -- making them MUCH easier to view / sort in task lists
-2- Contact Tokens in task notes -- making them MUCH more meaningful
-3- The ability to assign to the contact owner OR a specific HubSpot user at creation time
(see image)

hubspot-kickass-task-creation-gif.gif

Help answer your question? If so, remember to accept this solution today.

Best,
Frank

hubspot-solutions-signature-mfrankjohnson-v03.png

www.MFrankJohnson.com

Hope that helps.

Best,
Frank

MFrankJohnson-dot-com-HubSpot-Community-banner-gif-v20190817

0 Upvotes
Top Contributor

Hi @roisinkirby 

we use sales professional. 

i (user A) set up a sequence with 5 emails + a task at the end - assigned to a task queue (for ease of handling when the task is created so i can action a bunch of the same task at same time)

But as above, the task queue is specific to the user A that sets up the sequence. 

if user B starts a contact on this sequence, when the task at end is created - it is not assigned to a task queue. 

i REALLY dont want to have to clone all our sequences for each user so their tasks go to the right queue. 

does that clarify?

Occasional Contributor

I think that the gist, or root, of the problem is that User A can't add a task to User B's queue.

For instance, I go into a contact, see that they need following up.  I can create a task and assign it to my salesperson, but it's left up to the salesperson to go, find that task, and then add it to his own queue.  If I try to add it, I'm told that I must be the person that the task is assigned to.

I understand the reasoning... but perhaps Team accessible Task Queues could be a thing.  Something where any member of a team can add tasks to a queue, and then the whole team has access to the queue.