Set users as unavailable for chat

Regular Contributor

How are we able to set users as unavailable for chat?   It doesn't appear that there is any timeout for users away from their desk so we're showing as available when that is not the case (leading to a poor experience for those users)

I can't see how we can tell who is still showing as available and how to set them as unavailable.  Can someone point me towards this?

5 Replies 5
Community Thought Leader | Diamond Partner

Hi @Hiyakker

I have to admit that I still find the configuration of the chat settings rather confusing. 

My belief is, though I may be wrong, is that only the individual user can set themselves as away or present. Beyond this, your best bet I think is to get that user to configure their availability calendar to align with their normal hours 

Hope this helps. 

Phil Vallender | Inbound marketing for B2B technology companies
0 Upvotes
Regular Contributor

Thanks for the reply @Phil_Vallender .  Our team work flexible hours, so just setting fixed available hours, regardless of whether an agent is available doesn't really work for us.  This might explain why Hubspot are so bad at answering their own livechat though!! Smiley Very Happy  

I can probably reduce the proportion of users that we annoy with hubspot by setting limited hours, but it really seems like a strange ommission of basic functionality for Hubpot to show offline agents as available. Unanswered chats frustrate users and really detract from the idea of a 1:1 human connection, which is supposed to be Hubspot's "thing"

Regular Contributor

We are in a similar situation. We're all here during office hours, but not all necessarily at our desks to answer chats that come in.

What I did was list myself as the only person initially assigned to Chats, then create a rule in Outlook to forward the New Chat email to everyone. Whoever is at there desk and available can then take over the Chat. It only results in a brief delay in responding.

It's not a perfect solution, but I haven't found a better one yet.

Highlighted
Regular Contributor

We are still struggling with this as well.  We like the idea of the auto-assign of chat sessions, but we have a number of part time employees that definitely struggle with marking their status as Away.  I manage our Support Team and I would like to be able to log a user out if they are out of the office.  Maybe even from the User settings.  Not sure.

0 Upvotes
New Contributor

I'd like to put in another bid for this feature. It's a really bad experience if a team member forgets to log out and the chat is assigned to them. Also, there's no way to add a message if the team member doesn't respond within 10 minutes or so, which means that the chatbot tells them someone is coming and then ... nothing. 

0 Upvotes