Sending e-mails on behalf of someone

Hello,

Is there a way to let my assistant send template e-mails on behalf of myself (my name and my e-mails address)?

Thank you

8 Replies 8
HubSpot Moderator

Hi @Gambiman Apologies no one has responded yet.  Follow the instruction here to add alias email addresses to send from the CRM.

Hope this helps,

Ed Justen

Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution
0 Upvotes
Occasional Contributor

This doesn't work if the person is already in Hubspot. 

0 Upvotes
Occasional Contributor

This doesn't work if the person is already in Hubspot. If the person is already on the account, it says that you cannot add the email as an alias. We're looking for the capability of one person sending an email on behalf of another person already in Hubspot. 

New Contributor

Hi Ed, 

I followed your description about the alias, added the alias to my Gmail before adding my inbox to HubSpot. (https://knowledge.hubspot.com/articles/kcs_article/email/add-an-email-alias)
I can send an email from Gmail using the alias, but it's still not showing up in Hubspot.

I tried removing the inbox from HS entirely and then adding it again - but it did not help.
Could you please help me to figure out what's going wrong here?

Thanks,

Szonja

Community Manager

Hi @Xeryana,

Can you share a screenshot of what you are seeing when you try to send an email in your portal vs. what you have set up in gmail? 

Thank you,
Jenny

Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution
0 Upvotes
Highlighted
yn
Occasional Contributor

I'm trying to get my sales intern to send sequences and email templates on my behalf. However the From field still has his name (his hubspot account) rather than mine. Does this mean he needs to update his hubspot account name to my name?

Please advise urgently

Occasional Contributor

I would suggest having your intern log in as you in Hubspot. I don't think it will work if your intern is logged into Hubspot as himself/herself. 

0 Upvotes
Community Manager

Hi @yn,

Correct. You would need to connect your inbox in their profile, and also change their name to match yours.

Thank you,
Jenny

0 Upvotes