Scheduling in-person meetings in different time zone

jack_lav
Participant

We're based in the Eastern Time Zone, but we're going to be attending a trade show in the Mountain Time Zone. We're trying to set up a schedule for people to come by our booth.

There will be people coming from across the country and the only time zone I care about is the time zone where the meeting will be occuring. There doesn't seem to be any way to "fix" the time zone of the MEETING. It gets set to my local time zone which isn't relevant, in this case.

Anyone else had this problem?

10 Replies 10
jennysowyrda
Community Manager

Hi @jack_lav,

You can change the timezone of your meetings link by following the steps outlined here. The link will show the time zone for where the contact is at the moment, however, so if they aren't in Mountain Time, I would recommend having them change the timezone to Mountain for when they are booking. 

I understand that for your usecase, this step doesn't seem intuitive/helpful. As the meetings tool is designed for all meetings (and not specifically trade shows), it is designed to accomodate to time zones. 

If you would like to see a "trade show" meeting link implemented, I would recommend creating an idea in our ideas forum

Thank you,
Jenny

0 Upvotes
jack_lav
Participant

Since the capability isn't supported I opted to use a different approach altogether.

0 Upvotes
jennysowyrda
Community Manager

If you would be willing to share what solution you decided upon, I am sure others facing this issue would appreciate knowing how you resolved it @jack_lav.

Thanks,
Jenny

0 Upvotes
jack_lav
Participant

I dropped Hubspot from the equation. I created a separate contact form with some drop-downs for available dates/times that gets sent to the person working the show. It will be up to her to sort out the actual timing on any meetings.

0 Upvotes
jennysowyrda
Community Manager

Thanks for sharing @jack_lav!

0 Upvotes
kgardner86
Participant

I am facing the same use case as the OP and desparately want to use a single service (Hubspot) for all things related to my meetings. I am testing out the workflow with Hubspots' meeting link as is, but I know for a fact that Calendly allows users to set the time zone of the meeting invite.

KarenPCDS
Participant

I have the same issue.  We are attending a tradeshow and are trying to schedule demonstrations of our product at our booth.  The show is in Florida and I want to have the meeting schedule to show Eastern Standard Time only.  You need to offer an option to SET the time zone for your meeting schedule for these instances.  If people in other time zones aren't paying attention, according to their web browsers in the Pacific Time Zone, etc. they will think that they are making an appointment at 8:00am, when in reality, the meeting will be scheduled for 11:00am EST.  This can be confusing for customers and prospects.  We want to make it easy for all involved.  Please include this work around ASAP.

kevmckay
Participant

This  is not just a problem for trade shows. We have the same issue as we are a multibranch organization with offices in different time zones. Our head office is in Mountain and that is the default time zone in our HubSpot account. When someone working in a branch in the Eastern time zone books a meeting with a contact in the same time zone it is defaulting to UTC in the Outlook calendar appointment. Very confusing to the contact. 

Any help here HubSpot? We should be able to define a default time zone at the user level.

TheSpade888
Participant

Hi,
I think this problem is retarded  in today's business environment. I for one, travel around the world and my clients never know where I am and I like to keep it that way. I always have my devices to adjust to the local timezone since alarms and events are easier to handle that way. Not being able to say what timezone I'm scheduling a video meeting in when having multiple participants from different parts of the world IS in my view retarded! This means that I have to resort to using Outlook and Google Calendar since I don't use Office 365 or Google Workplace (?). Adding the timezone would ease things and make HubSpot useful for this kind of situation as well as ALL the others mentioned here! 

InsyncAI
Participant

This is one of those absulutely terrible overisights by Hubspot that has to get fixed.  I have someone making calls in EST, customers across the globe, and I'm PST.   This should be simple but instead it's impossible.   Terrible job by Hubspot iin understanding user needs.

0 Upvotes