Sales Hub Tools

lnorden
Participant

Scheduler defaulting to 12+ hours, cannot edit End Dates

SOLVE

Hello,

Our team has started running into Meeting scheduling issues. For some reason when selecting a date now, the scheduler auto selects a roughly 12+ hour time window and then won't let us change the end dates or reduce the meeting length time. See attached video for example - When Trying to schedule on the 11th at 2pm, the system defaults to a meeting time of over 12+ hours and moves the end date to the next day on the 12th, which then gets grayed out and I can't change it, this is happening for our team as well -  Scheduling Issue 

Our current workaround is to set the meeting time to a very early hour on the desired date, say 1AM on the 11th, so the end date 12 hours later is at least still on the same day, only then will it allow us to change the end hours to the appropriate time (Should only be a 1 hour meeting), but this is not feasible for the long run. Any suggestions would be appreciated, this just began happening and was not an issue previously. 

Thank you!

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
Jnix284
Solution
Most Valuable Member | Diamond Partner

SOLVE

@lnorden I ran into this issue recently too and was pulling my hair out...

Here's what I found is causing it:

Let's say you open the meeting scheduler and the meeting is initially set for 2 pm - 3 pm.

If you change the meeting to be 4 pm, it still thinks you want to end the meeting to end at 3 pm, so it's locking in the end time for the next day.

There are two ways around it:

drag the meeting time on the calendar itself so you're moving the block around collectively (start and end time).

change the end time first...

@BérangèreL I really think this is a bug that needs to be fixed, it's super frustrating! Can you connect with the product team on this?

If my reply answered your question please mark it as a solution to make it easier for others to find.

Jennifer Nixon - Director of Revenue Operations at WORQFLOW

connect with Jen on Linkedin

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7
BérangèreL
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @lnorden, I hope that you are well!

Thank you for the video!

So this is a one-on-one meeting link I guess.

1. In the scheduling tab, under the schedule "duration options", what did you select, please?
2. Can you please try in an incognito window to see if this solves the issue?
3. Does this happen only on this meeting link? Or this behavior is on all the meeting links?
4. Are other users able to reproduce this as well?

I also wanted to invite a couple of subject matter experts to this conversation: Hi @tverdokhlib1@Jnix284 and @GeorgeBThomas do you have suggestions to help @lnorden, please?

If anybody else has anything to add and/or share, please feel free to join in the conversation 🙂

Thanks a lot 🌟 and have a lovely day!

Best,
Bérangère

Saviez-vous que la Communauté est disponible en Français ?
Rejoignez les discussions francophones en changeant votre langue dans les paramètres !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings!

0 Upvotes
Jnix284
Solution

SOLVE

@lnorden I ran into this issue recently too and was pulling my hair out...

Here's what I found is causing it:

Let's say you open the meeting scheduler and the meeting is initially set for 2 pm - 3 pm.

If you change the meeting to be 4 pm, it still thinks you want to end the meeting to end at 3 pm, so it's locking in the end time for the next day.

There are two ways around it:

drag the meeting time on the calendar itself so you're moving the block around collectively (start and end time).

change the end time first...

@BérangèreL I really think this is a bug that needs to be fixed, it's super frustrating! Can you connect with the product team on this?

If my reply answered your question please mark it as a solution to make it easier for others to find.

BérangèreL
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @Jnix284 and @lnorden,

I investigated this for you and here is more information from the Product Team I'd like to share.

So this is actually how it is supposed to work, there is no bug here.

To clarify, if the start time is set to a value after the end time, we show a read-only end date to communicate to the user that the meeting will end on the next day as it is not possible for the end time to come before the start time.

Another way to bring the meeting end date back to the same day is to update the end time to come after the start time, which will then hide the end date selection.

However, the Team is aware of this and has this on their radar to optimize the way it works.

Thanks so much for bringing this to your attention, we appreciate it!

Have a wonderful day!

Best,
Bérangère

Rejoignez les discussions francophones en changeant votre langue dans les paramètres !

0 Upvotes
BérangèreL
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @Jnix284, I hope that you are keeping well!

Thank you so much for your help on this, really appreciate it! 🌟

I understand how frustrating it can be and I'm sorry to hear about your experience regarding this @lnorden and @Jnix284.

Please know that I have shared internally your valuable feedback to bring visibility to this and so that the Team can check this behavior.

Thanks a lot!

Have a great day!

Best,
Bérangère

Jnix284

SOLVE

Thank you @BérangèreL, I appreciate you raising this issue internally.

I should've brought it up as soon as I ran into it, but thought maybe I was just doing something outside of the expected user flow. Seeing this post validated my frustration and I hope the product team can find a solution that resolves the issue 🤞

lnorden
Participant

SOLVE
Thank you!!
Jnix284

SOLVE

you're welcome, happy to help!

0 Upvotes