Sales Hub Tools

FDrishakGerm
Miembro

Same web property ID is tracked twice - integration Google / HubSpot

resolver

I have integrated my website (which is based on HubSpot CMS) with Google Analytics and Google Tag Manager, in an attempt of best tracking analytics and events. On HubSpot, there is no need to copy paste the snippet, rather you simply insert the Google Analytics and Google Tag Manager property ID under the "Integration" sections - which is what I have done. While debugging, Google tag assistant is now giving me back this yellow warning "Same web property ID is tracked twice.". I tried to remove the integration from HubSpot, but it resulted in a red error- as if there was no tracking anymore. I have looked on the web, but found no evidence of HubSpot integration. Any idea on where I should look?? Thanks in advance unionwells

0 Me gusta
3 Soluciones aceptadas
Ben_M
Solución
Asesor destacado

resolver

Can you post a link to a sample page for us to review? Normally Google Analytics is triggered from Google Tag Manager, so it's not necessary to include both on your site, only one or the other.

Ver la solución en mensaje original publicado

Mike_Eastwood
Solución
Asesor destacado | Partner nivel Gold

resolver

Hi @FDrishakGerm 

Tag Assistant Legacy (by Google) is a usefull Browser Extension for Google Chrome to help you figure out what's going on with your tags.

Have fun

Mike

Aakar
Solución
Asesor destacado

resolver

Thanks @sharonlicari 

Hi @FDrishakGerm 

If you're using Google Tag Manager to manage your Google Analytics tag, you don't need to put your GA code/ID in HubSpot. Please check your HubSpot settings. Make sure your GA is being tracked from GTM. 

Thanks.

Aakar Anil
Marketing Technologist
aakar.me | @aakarpost | in/aakarpost

5 Respuestas 5
Danylo
Miembro

resolver

If you want to track offline conversions/sales, than GA CID is by far not a single parameter you need to send to GA in order to bypass its filter as well as to send a correct IP (geo) or not a server, but a user. We use our own developement - GTM tag to track all the needed data and inject them as a hidden Non HubSpot form fields, that can still be tracked by HubSpot. The rest is done by a connector (Zapier dosn't do this preperly).

0 Me gusta
Mike_Eastwood
Solución

resolver

Hi @FDrishakGerm 

Tag Assistant Legacy (by Google) is a usefull Browser Extension for Google Chrome to help you figure out what's going on with your tags.

Have fun

Mike

Ben_M
Solución
Asesor destacado

resolver

Can you post a link to a sample page for us to review? Normally Google Analytics is triggered from Google Tag Manager, so it's not necessary to include both on your site, only one or the other.

sharonlicari
Administrador de la comunidad
Administrador de la comunidad

resolver

Hey @FDrishakGerm 

Welcome to the Community!

I'll invite to this thread a few experts that can share their thoughts with you!

Hey @Aakar @Mike_Eastwood @Ben_M what would you advise here?

Thanks

Sharon

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

Aakar
Solución
Asesor destacado

resolver

Thanks @sharonlicari 

Hi @FDrishakGerm 

If you're using Google Tag Manager to manage your Google Analytics tag, you don't need to put your GA code/ID in HubSpot. Please check your HubSpot settings. Make sure your GA is being tracked from GTM. 

Thanks.

Aakar Anil
Marketing Technologist
aakar.me | @aakarpost | in/aakarpost