Return time on chat showing incorrect time

Highlighted
New Contributor

Hi all,

We're currently using the chat feature and have selected 'show return time' under the outside of business hours options. The time that is displaying is randomized and does not coincide with when our business reopens. 

I'm not sure if it displays the time in the customers' area or country or if there is an error that needs correcting. Has anyone else come across the same issue?

Thanks in advance,

Jess

0 Upvotes
7 Replies 7
Community Manager

Hi @JS3080,

Do you mind sharing screenshots of where you are seeing this? Is the information wrong when you are setting it up, or from the recipient's end? 

The more information, screenshots and details you can provide, the better the Community can assist.

Thanks,
Jenny

Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution
0 Upvotes
New Contributor

Hi @jennysowyrda ,

We've set the return time to reflect our business hours in the settings: 

HB Set Up.JPG

Heres a screenshot showing the return time stating 1 am: 

HB 22.1.19.jpg

I'm not sure if we've set our options up correctly, if there's an issue or if it's just displaying the recipients time we are back based on their location.

Thanks.

Jess

0 Upvotes
Community Manager

Hi @JS3080,

I would expect the response to show up in the recipient's time zone. If you notice a pattern of users in your time zone receiving the wrong time, please let me know.

Thank you,
Jenny

Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution
0 Upvotes

I am having the same issue. Have set the time zome correctly and is showing a return time of 10pm when I have chosen 8am as our oppening time.

time zone chat.PNGtime zone chat2.PNG

0 Upvotes
Community Manager

Hi @Richardc23

Do you mind sending along a screenshot of the timezone settings within your computer? 

Thank you,
Jenny

0 Upvotes
New Contributor

Screenshot_2019-11-28 Dsourc Web Development Studio(1).png

I'm Having the same issue, my system's current time is 5.19. but that doesn't affect it, it always says 7.30PM.

0 Upvotes
Community Manager

Hi @Dsourc,

Can you please share a link to the website where you are seeing this? Also do you mind sharing what time zone you are in, and confirm what time zone your computer is in? 

The more information, screenshots and details you can provide, the better the Community can assist!

Thank you,
Jenny

0 Upvotes