Sales Hub Tools

NKempe
Participant

Reserving tour guides (Round Robin "light" workaround)

SOLVE

I am trying to configure the assignment of tour guides at a school. Presently we have a bunch of standing slots blocked out in the Admissions calendar so we know which guides are available each day (non-Hubspot users). The clients do not receive the calendar invites but rather the tour guides. Is there a way to link the preexisting events to a Hubspot contact from Google calendar?

Or inversely see who's available from Hubspot and link the to Google calendar from Hubspot? I would assume this would require configuring some kind of availability within Hubspot.

I do not believe that Round Robin is what I am looking for and either way, I only have the Starter version. Any workarounds that point me in the right direction would be most appreciated.

1 Accepted solution
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @NKempe,

Availability of meeting participants cannot be configured in HubSpot. HubSpot can only check the associated calendars of users. If a calendar is free at a certain time for a specific user, that slot will be shown as available in the meeting link.

That means that any availability would have to be managed outside of HubSpot.

Could you explain again who is booking whom in your case and how availability is managed currently?

If you want tour participants (or team managers) to be able to book a certain tour with the guides who are currently available, then all guides would have to have their own HubSpot user account, their own connected calendar (where they manage their own availability) and an assigned Sales hub seat.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3
NKempe
Participant

SOLVE

I've accepted as solution, without being able to confirm anything you said. Unfortunately, I have the starter version so I only have two paid seats. Our tours guide will literally have no interaction with platform directly, so it does not make sense to set them up as paid sets just so that HubSpot will look at their availability correctly. Meanwhile I'll keep looking for a workaround outside of Hubspot. Thank you for your time.

karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @NKempe,

Availability of meeting participants cannot be configured in HubSpot. HubSpot can only check the associated calendars of users. If a calendar is free at a certain time for a specific user, that slot will be shown as available in the meeting link.

That means that any availability would have to be managed outside of HubSpot.

Could you explain again who is booking whom in your case and how availability is managed currently?

If you want tour participants (or team managers) to be able to book a certain tour with the guides who are currently available, then all guides would have to have their own HubSpot user account, their own connected calendar (where they manage their own availability) and an assigned Sales hub seat.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

NKempe
Participant

SOLVE

Thanks Karsten, the prospective clients do not receive the calendar invites themselves nor do they self book. The guides are booked by our Admissions/Reception person whilst on the phone with the clients.

The Admissions person has a paid seat, but the tour guides do not.

If I understood your comment correctly - I need set up all the tour guides as Hubspot users (even if they will never use the platform actively), configure their availability in Hubspot and integrate their Google calendars. I think if I tweak their working hours in Google to end before the end of day tours begin on the days that they are not available I might be able to use this for my specific situation.

Thanks for the suggestion. I'll have a fiddle around and see if I can get it to work.

Thanks,

Nick