Sales Hub Tools

piersstorey
Participante

Removal of initially set up personal meeting link allocation

resolver

Hey all,

We have an account with myself and my business partner and we are keen to use the meeting booking service.

The challenge we have found is after my testing / creation of a peraonl meeting link and then disconnecting, the meeting link allocation is still in place preventing my business partner from setting up a personl meeting link.

Is there any possibility of one of your dev's deleting the persistant allocation still in the database?

2 Soluciones aceptadas
jennysowyrda
Solución
Administrador de la comunidad

resolver

Hi @piersstorey,

Thank you for the information! 

Based on what I am seeing, it looks like your email address is connected to dclooney's user, and there is a meetings link connected to your calendar within his profile. 

I would recommend disconnecting the meetings link in his profile and starting over. If you are stuck after disconnecting, can you please send along screenshots of where you are getting stuck and what you are seeing?

Thank you,
Jenny

Ver la solución en mensaje original publicado

piersstorey
Solución
Participante

resolver

Hi @jennysowyrda , @gelflex-cc 

Many thanks for both of your help.

We finally resolved the issue. To achieve this we:

- Removed Hubspot integration from my Google profile
- Changed the team inbox account association so that it was not connected to my business partner
- Connected my business partners Googler calendar to Sales/Meetings

We now have the meeting link working which allows us to properly implement the email CTA's we have planned.

With kindest regards,

Piers

Ver la solución en mensaje original publicado

18 Respuestas 18
gelflex-cc
Asesor destacado

resolver

@piersstorey I am confused. You should each have a separate log in and therefore a separate meetings with the calendar. 

0 Me gusta
piersstorey
Participante

resolver

@gelflex-cc , thanks for the reply.
We only have one allocated meeting available. and receive the message "You've used your 1 free booking page"
In discussing with Hubspot support we can confirm the calendar is fully disconnected in Settings/Sales/Meetings
It looks like there is still persistent booking page data saved that is not cleared on calendar disconnection.  

0 Me gusta
piersstorey
Participante

resolver

@gelflex-cc we would be keen to understand if there is any thought to how we can resolve the meeting issue. It's a service that would be ideal for our workflow and I'd definitely prefer not to code a solution over using Hubspot.. 

0 Me gusta
gelflex-cc
Asesor destacado

resolver

@piersstorey What subscription do you currently have? Does each user have a login? Does each user have a connected email? Are you on a MAC?

0 Me gusta
piersstorey
Participante

resolver

Thanks for the response @gelflex-cc 

What subscription do you currently have
Free subscription / 2 accounts

Does each user have a login
Yes

Are you on a MAC
My business partner is using a MAC, I'm using Ubuntu

We also have a separate Developer account for API integrations we are developing 

0 Me gusta
gelflex-cc
Asesor destacado

resolver

@piersstorey what is Ubuntu

0 Me gusta
piersstorey
Participante

resolver

@gelflex-cc 
Operating System: Linux distribution Ubuntu 18.04LTS
Using Chrome: Version 78.0.3904.97 (Official Build) (64-bit)

0 Me gusta
piersstorey
Participante

resolver

@gelflex-cc , please let me know if you need any additional information. We would really value being able to set up the meeting link for my business partner.

The meeting link will be used in a Click to action we are associating with an automated quote request email. We'd really like to launch this next Monday with the link if that's at all possible.

Please do let me know

0 Me gusta
gelflex-cc
Asesor destacado

resolver

@piersstorey looking for resources

0 Me gusta
piersstorey
Participante

resolver

Many thanks again @gelflex-cc 

0 Me gusta
jennysowyrda

resolver

HI @piersstorey,

Thank you for troubleshooting @gelflex-cc!

@piersstorey can you please confirm who is experiencing this issue: you or your business partner or both? If the issue is specific to one user, can you please give me the beginning part of their email address (if the domain is the same as yours) so I can look at their specific settings? 

Additionally, can you please confirm the issue occurs after clearing your cache and cookies and across multiple browsers?

Finally, can you please share screenshots of where you are getting stuck and what you are seeing? 

Thank you,
Jenny

piersstorey
Participante

resolver

Hi @jennysowyrda , many thanks for your response

Hubspot ID: 5970815

Domain: simply-oak.com

can you please confirm who is experiencing this issue: you or your business partner or both
My business partner is experiencing the issue dclooney@
The message displayed: "You've used your 1 free booking page"

Additionally, can you please confirm the issue occurs after clearing your cache and cookies and across multiple browsers?
MAC - Chrome browser full cache and history cleared

Problem Synopsis:
- Created Hubspot Sales/Meetings - personal meeting link connected to Google calendar. Account piers.storey@
- Disconnected calendar (Settings/Sales/Meetings), after this I am seeing the default "Book meetings without the hassle" page
- Dave attempts to create a meeting and receives "You've used your 1 free booking page" message
- When I attempt to create a meeting, I can complete the meeting wizard
- On re-disconnecting the calendar, I see the "Book meetings without the hassle" page again.

For reference, I have also been able to produce the "You've used your 1 free booking page" message when attempting to set up during testing once. against my piers.storey@ account

Hypothesis - When disconnecting the calendar, persistent data still exists in Hubspot platform preventing dclooney@ account from successfully completing the meetings wizard as the "free booking allocation" still exists.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated

Piers

0 Me gusta
jennysowyrda
Solución

resolver

Hi @piersstorey,

Thank you for the information! 

Based on what I am seeing, it looks like your email address is connected to dclooney's user, and there is a meetings link connected to your calendar within his profile. 

I would recommend disconnecting the meetings link in his profile and starting over. If you are stuck after disconnecting, can you please send along screenshots of where you are getting stuck and what you are seeing?

Thank you,
Jenny

CRyan2
Participante

resolver

Hi @jennysowyrda ,

I have a similar but different issue. My company changed it's MSO365 domain last year so I had to reconnect my email and calendar. However, when I reconnected it, my calendar was created as:
www.mycompany.com/meetings/ciaran-ryan2
when it originally did not have the "2".
When I raised it with Hubspot support they said that:
"the namespace ciaran-ryan can only be used by one user across all hubspot accounts, at any one time."

So, even though I use a different domain than this other ciaran-ryan, and I had ciaran-ryan first, I can no longer use it. This does not seem logical.

I can understand that if there were two Ciaran Ryan's at my company that this would require numeration, but is it really true that every John Smith on Hubspot has to have a number after their name event if they work at different companies?

Hoping there's a way around this. 🤞

Ciaran

0 Me gusta
DianaGomez

resolver

Hi @CRyan2, I hope you are doing well 😊

Since this is an old thread, I encourage you to create a new conversation, this way more users will be able to see it. Please make sure to add context, screenshots, and all the details you can.

Best,
Diana

¿Sabías que la Comunidad está disponible en Español?
¡Participa hoy en conversaciones en el idioma de tu preferencia,cambiando el idioma en tus configuraciones!

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

0 Me gusta
CRyan2
Participante

resolver

Hi @jennysowyrda ,

Your answer to this thread makes total sense. I've had a similar issue because the domain of my MSOffice365 account changed, disconnecting my original calendar. I have asked the same question of Hubspot Support but was given this answer:
"To clarify here, the namespace ciaran-ryan can only be used by one user across all hubspot accounts, at any one time. It wont only look at your ******** account but will check all other HubSpot accounts.

As an example if i create a meeting link using the name space ciaran-ryan for example www.theplantparent.com/meetings/ciaran-ryan, you wouldn't be able to change your name space to ciaran-ryan because i've already claimed it. Thats precisely the situation now where another user in another portal has claimed the ciaran-ryan namespace, so you wont be able to use it any longer.

You will need to use a namespace that is availble and not used by other users across HubSpot."

I find it difficult to believe that two meeting links for people with the same name but different domains cannot coexist? For example:
www.amco.com/meeting/john-smith

www.fedco.com/meeting/john-smith

Am I expecting too much?

Ciaran

0 Me gusta
piersstorey
Solución
Participante

resolver

Hi @jennysowyrda , @gelflex-cc 

Many thanks for both of your help.

We finally resolved the issue. To achieve this we:

- Removed Hubspot integration from my Google profile
- Changed the team inbox account association so that it was not connected to my business partner
- Connected my business partners Googler calendar to Sales/Meetings

We now have the meeting link working which allows us to properly implement the email CTA's we have planned.

With kindest regards,

Piers

piersstorey
Participante

resolver

Hi @jennysowyrda 

We will try that and let you know.
Thanks so much for taking the time to investigate this issue.

Piers