Sales Hub Tools

jennysowyrda
Administrador de la comunidad

Registering phone number: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

If you are having trouble registering your phone number, please read this post before posting your question. 

If you are unable to register a phone number with HubSpot, please see this document to verify whether your country number is supported by HubSpot sales. 

Please note: HubSpot Sales Free and HubSpot Sales Pro users are subject to different limitations. 

Supported countries for HubSpot Sales Free users:

• Australia
  • Brazil
  • Canada
  • France
  • Germany
  • Ireland
  • Spain
  • United Kingdom
  • United States

When using HubSpot Sales Free, you will only be able to call to the country where you are also calling from. For example, if you register a number to call from in the United States, you will only be able to make calls to numbers in the United States.

If your number is supported for your HubSpot account type, there are three potential reasons why you are having difficulty submitting a number:

1. You are using a browser extension that is conflicting with HubSpot.
If you have multiple browser plugins/extensions there could be one that is conflicting with the HubSpot call queue. To troubleshoot this, you will need consult with your IT team (if/where possible) and/or test each plugin by uninstalling to see if, once removed, you are able to register the number successfully. 

2. You VOIP system (Voice over Internet Protocol - the software or hardware you use to make calls) conficts with HubSpot & Twilio
HubSpot uses a third-party service, Twilio, to host the Call Queue. There are some VOIP systems, e.g. Aircall, that are not supported by Twilio. If you think this could be affecting your ability to use HubSpot, please consult with your IT team (where possible) and send me details of the VOIP system you are using. 

3. You have exceeded the number of registration attempts. 
There is a certain number attempts a user can make to register a number with HubSpot/Twilio each day. The registration attempt is capped at 1 attempt per minute and 10 attempts per day per user. If you are repeatedly trying to register a number and exceed this cap, you will need to wait 24hrs. 

If you are still experiencing issues after taking these steps, please provide the following information: 

1. The phone number you are trying to connect

2. The Hub ID you are looking to connect the phone number to

3. What type of phone you are trying to connect (mobile, landline, skype, etc.)

4. Where in the connection the breakdown is occurring

Thank you,
Jenny

38 Respuestas 38
lordhamm
Miembro

Hi,

My phone was on do not disturb when hub spot called my number so I could enter my verification code and connect my phone. Now it will not allow me to register my phone number. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Sachel Hamm 

0 Me gusta
jennysowyrda

Hi @lordhamm

If you can direct message me the information requested, I am happy to continue troubleshooting this matter with you!

Best,

Jenny

0 Me gusta
RB-Irrig8
Miembro

Hello Jenny,

I tried to register my Canadian cell number a few times. After each attempt, I received a call on my device that went straight to voice mail, so I could not enter the verification code. The calling phone number is not blocked and I have no unusual call settings on my iPhone X. Subsequent attempts to register are simply not completed. Any suggestions or ideas? Have others experienced this issue?

Thanks for your time.

Tony

0 Me gusta
jennysowyrda

Hi @RB-Irrig8,

If you can direct message me the information requested above I am happy to investigate this matter further.

Thank you,
Jenny

0 Me gusta
gabem86
Miembro

When the number calls me, it goes straight to voicemail so I'm unable to verify it. 

garhodes73
Participante

I am having the same problem you wrote in back in November.  When I place a call using the Call feature, my iPhone is linked, the call goes through, but then straight to my voice mail.  Hopefully you solved the same issue and can help me, too.  Greg

0 Me gusta
jennysowyrda

Hi @gabem86,

If you can direct message me the information requested above I am happy to investigate this matter further with you!

Thank you,
Jenny

0 Me gusta
garhodes73
Participante

Jenny:  I am responding about the same problem addressed by the prior user.  When I make a call, HubSpot calls me, but it goes straight to voice mail.  Greg

0 Me gusta
menguehan
Miembro

Hi there,

One of our users is trying to add a phone number but is receiving the error

"could not be verified, please try again."

We are in Germany.

We use NFON as a VOIP, but I dont think they use Twilio.

Cheers,

Mengühan

0 Me gusta
jennysowyrda

Hi @menguehan,

If you can direct message me the information requested above I am happy to investigate this matter further with you!

Thank you,
Jenny

0 Me gusta
bhavyabadola
Miembro

Hi Jenny,

We are based out of Ireland and have been trying to connect our phones to hubspot- tried our office phones, mobiles, everything (didn't exceed daily 10 times either)- we have been getting the following error:

The automated voice on the other end of the line keeps saying "please enter your 6 digit validation code" even when we have entered it. Not sure why this is happening?

Thanks,

Bhavya

0 Me gusta
jennysowyrda

Hi @bhavyabadola,

Thank you,
Jenny

0 Me gusta
JacobSeedlink
Participante

Hi Jenny, I am having a problem registering my number. It is a Skype number. 

When I type in the 6-digit code, I get the message repeating "please enter your six digit code" as if the call-system isn't registering the code I am inputting. 

0 Me gusta
jennysowyrda

Hi @JacobSeedlink,

If you can direct message me the information requested above, I can continue assisting.

Thank you,
Jenny

0 Me gusta
mhasan123
Miembro

Hi,

I've been trying to register my UK business phone number, the verification call does come through successfully, but when I enter the verification code on my phone dial, it gives me the error message "not the correct code", but I've definitely entered the correct code and tried doing so multiple different times over the past 2 days. I'm currently using VOIP software called CircleLoop.

0 Me gusta
RLeyman
Miembro

Hi!  Hubspot won't take US area code 555 on our VOIP system to set up the calling feature to call from our phone.

How can we get past this issue?

We are in the US and are using Chrome with Hubspot Sales Pro.

0 Me gusta
jennysowyrda

Hi @RLeyman,

HubSpot does not block 555 numbers on our end, however the number may be blocked by the vendor we partner with. If you can please direct message me the information requested above, I am happy to help!

Thank you,
Jenny

0 Me gusta
MFrankJohnson
Líder intelectual

Lithium/Kronos search is limited, so ... in cases like this thread ...
Curious if there's a way to include phrases related to registering phone number -- e.g., phone number registration, calling countries, register phone number, calling from HubSpot, can't call from HubSpot, can't call outside country, can I call from my country, etc. [feel free to add relevant phrases here]

That way, this 'PLEASE READ ...' is included in more Community search results (without the need to pin it to the top).

[ If not, no worries. Google will index all of these pharases within a day or two. 😉 ]

Again, just curious. No need to reply. Thanks.

Note: Please search for recent posts as HubSpot evolves to be the #1 CRM platform of choice world-wide.

Hope that helps.

Be well,
Frank

www.mfrankjohnson.com
0 Me gusta