Registering phone number: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Highlighted
Community Manager

If you are having trouble registering your phone number, please read this post before posting your question. 

If you are unable to register a phone number with HubSpot, please see this document to verify whether your country number is supported by HubSpot sales. 

Please note: HubSpot Sales Free and HubSpot Sales Pro users are subject to different limitations. 

Supported countries for HubSpot Sales Free users:

• Australia
  • Brazil
  • Canada
  • France
  • Germany
  • Ireland
  • Japan
  • Spain
  • United Kingdom
  • United States

When using HubSpot Sales Free, you will only be able to call to the country where you are also calling from. For example, if you register a number to call from in the United States, you will only be able to make calls to numbers in the United States.

If your number is supported for your HubSpot account type, there are three potential reasons why you are having difficulty submitting a number:

1. You are using a browser extension that is conflicting with HubSpot.
If you have multiple browser plugins/extensions there could be one that is conflicting with the HubSpot call queue. To troubleshoot this, you will need consult with your IT team (if/where possible) and/or test each plugin by uninstalling to see if, once removed, you are able to register the number successfully. 

2. You VOIP system (Voice over Internet Protocol - the software or hardware you use to make calls) conficts with HubSpot & Twilio
HubSpot uses a third-party service, Twilio, to host the Call Queue. There are some VOIP systems, e.g. Aircall, that are not supported by Twilio. If you think this could be affecting your ability to use HubSpot, please consult with your IT team (where possible) and send me details of the VOIP system you are using. 

3. You have exceeded the number of registration attempts. 
There is a certain number attempts a user can make to register a number with HubSpot/Twilio each day. The registration attempt is capped at 1 attempt per minute and 10 attempts per day per user. If you are repeatedly trying to register a number and exceed this cap, you will need to wait 24hrs. 

If you are still experiencing issues after taking these steps, please provide the following information: 

1. The phone number you are trying to connect

2. The Hub ID you are looking to connect the phone number to

3. What type of phone you are trying to connect (mobile, landline, skype, etc.)

4. Where in the connection the breakdown is occurring

Thank you,
Jenny

Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution
5 Replies 5
Community Thought Leader

Lithium/Kronos search is limited, so ... in cases like this thread ...
Curious if there's a way to include phrases related to registering phone number -- e.g., phone number registration, calling countries, register phone number, calling from HubSpot, can't call from HubSpot, can't call outside country, can I call from my country, etc. [feel free to add relevant phrases here]

That way, this 'PLEASE READ ...' is included in more Community search results (without the need to pin it to the top).

[ If not, no worries. Google will index all of these pharases within a day or two. Smiley Wink ]

Again, just curious. No need to reply. Thanks.

Hope that helps.

Best,
Frank

MFrankJohnson-dot-com-HubSpot-Community-banner-gif-v20190817

0 Upvotes

HI, I am trying to register a VOIP number which is from Horizon ... and get the error message that "number could not be verified".

Is an Horizon number compatible with Hubspot?

Thanks!

0 Upvotes
Community Manager

Hi @mikidb123,

What country is the phone number registered to? I haven't heard of Horizon numbers before, but am happy to look into this. 

Thank you,

Jenny

Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution
0 Upvotes
New Contributor

We have VOIP phones, handsets are IPECS...... trying to get a landline phone number registered for Hubspot calling but when we receive the call to input the validation code, it doesn't accept any code that is put in, almost like the buttons are not doing anything! - hence cuts off saying the validation code is wrong. Is there anyway around this please?

0 Upvotes
Community Manager

Hi @Oakfields,

Can you please direct message me the information outlined here? You can DM me by clicking on my name>send message.

Thank you,
Jenny

0 Upvotes