Sales Hub Tools

brandblasthq

Referral Traffic

SOLVE

I have been looking around on the community but couldn't find anything spot on to what I'm looking for - so I hope this post doesn't count as duplicative or anything but I don't know where else to look.

So essentially; we are a website development agency. We build websites (among other business services) for our clients. We are using Hubspot CRM (Free) (for now!) until we upgrae after get everything set up. 

Currently; we plan to use email and calling to reach out to prospects and offer our services. Because no one buys a website without a few emails + some phone conversations before they feel comfortable. 

However; we do have an idea of getting leads by sharing a link to schedule a free consultation (using Meetings) on social media and directly. 

This works perfectly on paper - as whenever a user is directed to the Meetings page (will soon be embedded on a page on our website) they can fill out the form and they are added to the CRM. 

But; there's currently no way to track who specifically refers the prospect to fill out the meeting scheduling form. 

Is there a way to (inside of Hubspot) be able to see that Sales Representative A referred Prospect A to schedule a meeting while Sales Representative B referred Prospect B to schedule schedule a meeting. 

Like; is there a way to assign them the ownership of the prospect? 

Because we have a commission based payment plan for our sales team. They are only compensated for the deals they are responsible for. So now; if a sales rep is emailing and calling a prospect; all of that is easily tracked - however if they simply send a link to the meetings page from their Twitter account there's no way to see that they are the sales rep responsible for the referral. 

Any and all help would be greatly appreciated.

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
MFrankJohnson
Solution
Thought Leader

Referral Traffic

SOLVE

Sure @brandblasthq,

If you're in the US, CA or EU you can go to our website. Once there, you'll see a 'schedule-a-call' button. Click on that button and it will take you to a page that contains the HubSpot meeting embed code.

Notice the utm_source parameter?

In our case, we're only interested in the utm_source. However, you could just as easily use a utm parameter to identify sales reps.

Example:

- Sally would share a link that looked like this - example.com/book-a-meeting/?utm_rep=sally
- Bob would share a link that looked like this - example.com/book-a-meeting/?utm_rep=bob
- Rep-C would share a link that looked like this - example.com/book-a-meeting/?utm_rep=rep-c

Etc.

On your 'book-a-meeting' page, you could use a little js to parse the utm parameter and only display the appropriate HubSpot meeting embed code. One webpage with multiple, trackable URLs.

Good?

Note: Please search for recent posts as HubSpot evolves to be the #1 CRM platform of choice world-wide.

Hope that helps.

Be well,
Frank

www.mfrankjohnson.com

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
4 Replies 4
MFrankJohnson
Thought Leader

Referral Traffic

SOLVE

_hubspot-button-accept-as-solution-gif-v00.gif

Help other HubSpot searchers find this post quickly by accepting the solution

Q: How to track who specifically refers the prospect to fill out the meeting scheduling form??

Short A: Each Sales Rep has their own unique meeting link in HubSpot. They can always share their unique meeting link directly (e.g., via email &/or social media).

Longer A:

Ok, you guys are web devs, so we're gonna get a little geeky with you. Here's how it could work on webpages.

-1- Setup a single book-a-meeting webpage on your website - example.com/book-a-meeting/?utm_rep=Sally

(where the value of utm_rep is each sales rep ID)

-2- Embed the unique meeting code for each rep based on the UTM parameter. If no UTM parameter exists, show whatever default content you want to show. (important)

Using this method addresses a whole host of known issues.

-1- Each lead is auto-assigned to the correct rep. No futher work needed.

-2- HubSpot meeting links will accept UTM parameters, but they don't work. The meeting will not recognize the UTM parameter, nor will any fields populate based on same.

-3- It's scaleble. Meaning, you don't need to setup a separate 'book-a-meeting' webpage for each rep.

That should do it for you.

Help answer your question? If so, remember to accept this 'solution'.

Best,
Frank

hubspot-solutions-signature-mfrankjohnson-v03.png

www.MFrankJohnson.com

Note: Please search for recent posts as HubSpot evolves to be the #1 CRM platform of choice world-wide.

Hope that helps.

Be well,
Frank

www.mfrankjohnson.com
0 Upvotes
brandblasthq

Referral Traffic

SOLVE

Frank, 

Thank you for your reply. Definitely detailed a lot of great information that will (hopefully) help this whole endevor a little easier. 

I am slightly confused by the UTM method you explained. I'm not quite sure if there's something I'm missing or what... 

Could you elaborate just a tad on it?     

Thanks, 🙂 

0 Upvotes
MFrankJohnson
Solution
Thought Leader

Referral Traffic

SOLVE

Sure @brandblasthq,

If you're in the US, CA or EU you can go to our website. Once there, you'll see a 'schedule-a-call' button. Click on that button and it will take you to a page that contains the HubSpot meeting embed code.

Notice the utm_source parameter?

In our case, we're only interested in the utm_source. However, you could just as easily use a utm parameter to identify sales reps.

Example:

- Sally would share a link that looked like this - example.com/book-a-meeting/?utm_rep=sally
- Bob would share a link that looked like this - example.com/book-a-meeting/?utm_rep=bob
- Rep-C would share a link that looked like this - example.com/book-a-meeting/?utm_rep=rep-c

Etc.

On your 'book-a-meeting' page, you could use a little js to parse the utm parameter and only display the appropriate HubSpot meeting embed code. One webpage with multiple, trackable URLs.

Good?

Hope that helps.

Be well,
Frank

www.mfrankjohnson.com
0 Upvotes
brandblasthq

Referral Traffic

SOLVE

Mavelous! Makes perfect sense. 

I just wasn't sure if I was missing something as to the UTM link and Hubspot communicated. Much less to then detect and display which meeting link to display. 

Very nice solutions (and seems to be very neatly done might I add) 

Now time to figure out the nitty gritty and get it deployed! Thanks again!