when creating contact updates etc....!

We just need to remove the double emails and reconversion for new contacts

thanks

bo

0 Upvotes
4 Replies 4
Community Manager

Hi @bomakalu,

A form notification email will be sent every time the contact submits the form. The first time it will say "conversion" and the second time (and every time after) it will say "contact reconverted". 

For more information on form submissions I wanted to share this document with you.

HubSpot deduplicates contacts off of email address, however if you have the tracking code on your website and have cookie tracking enabled, then HubSpot would also recognize the cookie on the visitor's form submission. 

Thank you,
Jenny

Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution
0 Upvotes
Highlighted
BB1
Regular Contributor

Hi @bomakalu - Thanks @Jenn I want to add one point,

When someone fills a form and Hubspot has a cookie on that computer, it identifies the user as the same one who previously filled out a form on that computer. If it is a different person, the info will overwrite the earlier data.

In order to avoid that, you can chose to add a check box to clear the data from the form. it will then add this user as new (if the email is not yet in the system) instead of overwriting the other contact.

More info here.

Cheers!

BB

Occasional Contributor

Hello Jenny,

Is there any field that is updated when a contact is reconverted?

Thanks

0 Upvotes
Community Manager

Hi @arvind,

Recent conversion date will update when a contact reconverts. 

Thank you,
Jenny

Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution
0 Upvotes