Sales Hub Tools

AJessen

Re-enroll updated emails in a sequence

SOLVE

If I've created a sequence and some of the contacts have bounced, what is the best way to change the email address and re-enroll them?

•  
0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @AJessen,

You can filter for those bounced contacts in lists or in the contacts home (Menu > Contacts > Contacts) by searching for contacts who Email hard bounce reason is known. You can check each contact and, depending on your subscription, unbounce them (only supported in Professional and Enterprise subscriptions).

If you can't unbounce contacts and the reason for the hard bounce was an obvious spelling mistake, adding an additional email to the contact and making this email primary is your best option.

If you're working through hard bounces, I'd recommend creating a custom property that keeps track of whether you've checked a contact yet. Even after unbouncing a contact, the Email hard bounce reason will still be set to the original value, it will not be cleared. (Hence it would show up again and again if you want to work through your hard bounces. By maintaining an additional property, you can search for all hard bounces minus the ones you've checked already.)

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @AJessen,

You can filter for those bounced contacts in lists or in the contacts home (Menu > Contacts > Contacts) by searching for contacts who Email hard bounce reason is known. You can check each contact and, depending on your subscription, unbounce them (only supported in Professional and Enterprise subscriptions).

If you can't unbounce contacts and the reason for the hard bounce was an obvious spelling mistake, adding an additional email to the contact and making this email primary is your best option.

If you're working through hard bounces, I'd recommend creating a custom property that keeps track of whether you've checked a contact yet. Even after unbouncing a contact, the Email hard bounce reason will still be set to the original value, it will not be cleared. (Hence it would show up again and again if you want to work through your hard bounces. By maintaining an additional property, you can search for all hard bounces minus the ones you've checked already.)

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

DamienBouche
Participant

SOLVE

Is there any way to build a workflow which would do :
- If hard bounce & secondary email is available -> then make it primary

0 Upvotes