Sales Hub Tools

Christian_V
Participant

Quotes & Invoices based on Deals

All, 

although we have looked into a couple different options we are still not happy with the choices for the following "problem". Let me give a you a quick overview of what we'd like to do:

• Current situation:
    • We have a catalogue of approx 10-20 items (recurring software licenses, hardware options, pilot phases) that we use in our deals and quotes. 
    • Currently we send quotes via the "standard" Hubspot Quote feature - it works, but has a couple of downsides (e.g. https://community.hubspot.com/t5/CRM/Change-company-name-or-other-property-JUST-for-one-quote/m-p/45... or missing customization possiblities)
    • Currently we write our invoices in a completely manual workflow, i.e. we copy the information from our deals into a Word template and send invoices as pdf. Also this works out somehow, but is a hassle (especially with the anticipated growth that we see and project).
  • Our wishlist:
    • Send out based on deals, with just a little more cutomization and a little better UX for including snippets etc.
    • Issue invoices based on the these quotes / deals. We do not need payment system integration as our customers usually require them as a pdf or even as paper copies. An integration into DATEV would be nice but it not necessary. List export of all issued invoices in a given time frame would be great though.

I have looked into several quoting integrations - but these are usually "too much" for us as we do not need fancy proposals but just a decent looking pdf with all relevant data (this is usually only for procurement departments, everything else has been discussed with our users by then).

An option might be to use Hubspot's CMS Hub Pro in order to customize templates and just create an invoice template. However, this is rather pricy at 4k p.a. and does not seem to be designed for invoicing. 

Does anyone have a good idea or a direction to point us in? 

Thank you very much! Your input is highly appreciated! 

6 Replies 6
james-portant
Participant

Hi @Christian_V 

I know this thread is a bit old but I wanted to say hello 👋 in case I could help.

We have released an App on the HubSpot Marketplace that does something like this. It takes information from Deals and associated objects (like line items) and places them into a Google Doc or Slides file. You can check it out here:

https://ecosystem.hubspot.com/marketplace/apps/sales/sales-enablement/portant-1323181
We have tried to keep it simple, which sounds like what you are looking for. It will be able to generate the quote/invoice and let you customise it and then approve it to be sent. 
It also works with loads of other HubSpot data and has eSignatures built in. 

Please let me know if you have any questions.
Cheers,
James

JonPayne
Key Advisor | Diamond Partner
Key Advisor | Diamond Partner

Hi @Christian_V - If you don't mind spending an extra $49USD per month, PandaDoc enables you to pull across Contact First Name, Contact Last Name, Contact Email and tie it to relevant Company Properties and Deal Properties so you can have a nice looking quote, with all the info from HubSpot you need.  You might end up creating a product catalogue in Panda Docs to get the most from it but it's not too bad. Don't think it natively integrates with DATEV but it'll zap what you need over to make an invoice, with a bit of fiddling, I imagine.

Christian_V
Participant

Thanks Jon. I looked int them as well but ended up saying that it does not really do what we need... Especially I do not want to have two different product catalogues in both systems. 

0 Upvotes
TiphaineCuisset
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Christian_V 

Thank you for reaching out and for the detailed use case!

I want to tag some of our experts on this - @himanshurauthan @piersg @JonPayne @Bryantworks do you have any thoughts or suggestions on this for @Christian_V ? 

Thank you!

Best

Tiphaine

Saviez vous que la Communauté est disponible en français?
Rejoignez les discussions francophones en changeant votre langue dans les paramètres !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

himanshurauthan
Thought Leader | Elite Partner
Thought Leader | Elite Partner

Thank you @TiphaineCuisset for counting me in!

Hello @Christian_V,

Which plan do you have on HubSpot, as custom quote template Requires Sales Hub Pro or Enterprise? 

&

CMS Pro+ or Marketing Hub Pro +

Using a custom quote template you can achieve most of the things but as you already mentioned cost is also a factor here.

If third parties are okay, you can integrate HubSpot with them ( many of them already have integration with HubSpot ) and list them as a CRM card associated with HubSpot objects - https://developers.hubspot.com/docs/api/crm/extensions/custom-cards

Regards,

Digital Marketing & Inbound Expert In Growth Hacking Technology
Christian_V
Participant

Himanshu, 

we are on the Sales Pro plan and Marketing starter. I am aware that we need the other plans to do it in Hubspot - but as I mentioned the price increase is heavy for "just" creating a custom pdf template... 

Christian