Sales Hub Tools

SarahN
Contributor

Question about clients enrolled in a workflow with an if/then branch...

SOLVE

Hi everyone, 

This may be a dumb question, but I'm concerned about the soundness of a workflow I've created. 

Basically, the client fills out a form and is enrolled in the Workflow as a result. The Workflow then checks if a certain property has been marked as "verified". If the property is marked as "verified", then the client has tasks scheduled and so forth. 

If the property hasn't been marked as "verified", it delays 4 days. 

If in that 4 days wait, the property is changed to "verified", will the client be removed from that if/then branch, because they no longer meet that criteria, and automatically moved to the other side of the branch that says the property has been completed?

Or, does the client remain on the side of the branch because the system doesn't re-check the enrollment criteria after the fact?

I hope this made sense, haha. 

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
Phil_Vallender
Solution
Most Valuable Member | Diamond Partner

SOLVE

Hi @SarahN

Your second conclusion is the correct one. Contacts cannot change branch of an if/then workflow. Once they go past the if/then test, they stay past it. 

To resolve this you would either need to move your delay and test before the if/then, or repeat the if/then later on the negative branch. 

Hope that makes sense.

Phil Vallender | HubSpot Website Agency

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1
Phil_Vallender
Solution

SOLVE

Hi @SarahN

Your second conclusion is the correct one. Contacts cannot change branch of an if/then workflow. Once they go past the if/then test, they stay past it. 

To resolve this you would either need to move your delay and test before the if/then, or repeat the if/then later on the negative branch. 

Hope that makes sense.

Phil Vallender | HubSpot Website Agency