Sales Hub Tools

Econvo

Prospects receive the wrong confirmation time with HubSpot meetings

SOLVE

I saw this article on this topic, but it doesn't offer any solutions. I can't remove the Google calendar integration or I can't use Meetings. 

It's very confusing for clients to receive conflicting time zone information. Does anyone have any experience with this, or think of any solution? Thanks!

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
MiaSrebrnjak
Solution
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @Econvo,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community! 

As mentioned in the Knowledge base article that you included in your post, this behaviour is triggered by Google when it's not possible to determine what time zone the attendee is in. This can happen if the attendee is using certain email providers (Yahoo, Hotmail) or if their browser time zone or the email client settings are misconfigured. In cases like this, Google will automatically use Coordinated Universal Time (UTC) in the confirmation email. The time of the meeting is the same, just displayed in a different timezone.

Because this behaviour is caused by user specific settings and preferences, there isn't much we can do on our end I'm afraid. If this is causing incovenience to many of your prospects, you could consider including a note in the invite description about Google Calendar defaulting to the standard of UTC in the invite confirmation when it's not able to determine the attendee's time zone.

Thanks, 

Mia 

Wusstest du, dass es auch eine DACH-Community gibt?
Nimm an regionalen Unterhaltungen teil, indem du deine Spracheinstellungen änderst

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by
changing your language settings

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5
MSzu

SOLVE

Hi i'm having this problem but am not convinced that the issue petains only to hotmail etc as I have this issue with clients who I know are using outlook and are in the same timezone as me. 

APRS
Participant

SOLVE

Yes, I'm having the same issue. The users and I are all in the same time zone which is UTC (London). 

0 Upvotes
DianaGomez
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @APRS, hope you are doing well!

I have created this video with a few steps you can check, if this does not resolve the behavior, please share with me more context, screenshots, details, and everything you can to provide more options.

Best,

Diana

¿Sabías que la Comunidad está disponible en Español?
¡Participa hoy en conversaciones en el idioma de tu preferencia,cambiando el idioma en tus configuraciones!

Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

MiaSrebrnjak
Solution
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @Econvo,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community! 

As mentioned in the Knowledge base article that you included in your post, this behaviour is triggered by Google when it's not possible to determine what time zone the attendee is in. This can happen if the attendee is using certain email providers (Yahoo, Hotmail) or if their browser time zone or the email client settings are misconfigured. In cases like this, Google will automatically use Coordinated Universal Time (UTC) in the confirmation email. The time of the meeting is the same, just displayed in a different timezone.

Because this behaviour is caused by user specific settings and preferences, there isn't much we can do on our end I'm afraid. If this is causing incovenience to many of your prospects, you could consider including a note in the invite description about Google Calendar defaulting to the standard of UTC in the invite confirmation when it's not able to determine the attendee's time zone.

Thanks, 

Mia 

Wusstest du, dass es auch eine DACH-Community gibt?
Nimm an regionalen Unterhaltungen teil, indem du deine Spracheinstellungen änderst

Join regional conversations by
changing your language settings

Econvo

SOLVE
Thank you very much Mia. The note looks like the best route to take.

I appreciate your help. Thank you!