Sales Hub Tools

Anonymous
Not applicable

Postpone Tickets

SOLVE

In the service hub we need the option to postpone a ticket for a customized set of time.

When a customer needs follow up, we need to be able to switch the status to "Postponed" and set a time for it to "re-open" so it pops up in our pipeline again alerting us that it is now time to give the ticket our attention.  As it is right now there is no way to do that. We can create a workflow to put it in a Postponed colume in the Pipeline, but if there are 20+ tickets in there and some don't need any attention for a week and others need attention in 4 hours there is no way to know which is which. It would be very very inefficient to open all 20 every 4 hours to see which one needs attention now.  That needs to be automated as an option directly on each ticket.   LiveAgent has that feature so that may be a good place to go and see how they do it. 

As it stands right now I will likely have to configure 5 Postponed columns in our Pipeline. one for "Postpone for 4 hours," Postpone for 24 hours"  etc .... and then create an individual workflow for each directing the ticket back to open status after the alloted time.  That is a LOT of configuring and finagling.

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

Postpone Tickets

SOLVE

Hi @Anonymous,

I currently only consult German companies, but I can give an overview of the building blocks of what you need. You can do this 🙂

First, you would create a custom date ticket property (explanation here). I'd suggest you name this property Postponed until. It's important that you select the the ticket object and the date type.

Once you have that property created, you would customize your ticket sidebar so that it shows this new property (explanation here). Now, on each ticket record your team would see the field for Postponed until.

Now, back in your ticket dashboard, you can create a filtered ticket specifically for postponed tickets (explanation here). This view would not include all tickets + the postponed tickets due today. It would only show the tickets due today. In your tickets dashboard, click More filters, find your Postponed until property and select "is today". You can now save this view and name it "Postponed tickets due today".

At the beginning of each day, your team would check this new saved view to check all postponed tickets, before switching to their regular view.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Postpone Tickets

SOLVE

That solution worked very well. Thank you for taking the time to go through the steps for me!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Postpone Tickets

SOLVE

@karstenkoehler

Thank you.  The second option sounds better. I've tried assigning a task but it didn't work. I wasn't alerted and it was in the Sales dashboard not the service dashboard.  The second option sounds like it could work. I had chatted with one of your HubSpot customer service team and I wasn't given this option from him. He only showed me how to create a workflow that was a clunky work around and not a very flexible one at that.  Can you reach out to me and help walk me through your suggestion?  Thanks.

karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

Postpone Tickets

SOLVE

Hi @Anonymous,

I currently only consult German companies, but I can give an overview of the building blocks of what you need. You can do this 🙂

First, you would create a custom date ticket property (explanation here). I'd suggest you name this property Postponed until. It's important that you select the the ticket object and the date type.

Once you have that property created, you would customize your ticket sidebar so that it shows this new property (explanation here). Now, on each ticket record your team would see the field for Postponed until.

Now, back in your ticket dashboard, you can create a filtered ticket specifically for postponed tickets (explanation here). This view would not include all tickets + the postponed tickets due today. It would only show the tickets due today. In your tickets dashboard, click More filters, find your Postponed until property and select "is today". You can now save this view and name it "Postponed tickets due today".

At the beginning of each day, your team would check this new saved view to check all postponed tickets, before switching to their regular view.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

sharonlicari
Community Manager
Community Manager

Postpone Tickets

SOLVE

all set! 🙂 @karstenkoehler Danke!

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

karstenkoehler
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

Postpone Tickets

SOLVE

Hello @Anonymous,

This can already be achieved right now and there are several options!

First option (recommended): You create a ticket status column for follow-up. In addition, you would use HubSpot tasks. If a ticket needs to be postponed, you would update the ticket status to the appropriate stage and create a task for follow-up. This task would then remind you about the follow-up and you would not have check the ticket column manually.

Second option: You create a custom ticket property and include it in the ticket record sidebar, for easy access. This custom ticket property would be a date property which is maintained manually with the follow-up date. You could then create a filtered ticket view that only shows follow-up tickets that are due for follow-up today.

Let me know which one of these sounds worth pursuing and I'll happily provide more details and context.

@sharonlicari, would you move this into the discussion section of the community?

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler