Sales Hub Tools

mjohnson290

Possible to hide Messages widget and launch via external call?

SOLVE

I'm working on implementing Hubspot Messages (Hubspot Conversations? The terminology is a bit confusing) onto our site but was wondering if there is a way to hide the widget and launch via a JS call so we could work it into our design.

Is this possible? Thanks!

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
tjoyce
Solution
Recognized Expert | Elite Partner

SOLVE

Hello @mjohnson290 - Unfortunately, since the chat trigger is hidden inside of an iframe, there aren't really any JS hacks that you could try. And, I have't seen any documentation as far as callbacks for the embed code. I think, for now, that's a probably not.

Thanks for looping us in @MFrankJohnson

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3
tjoyce
Solution

SOLVE

Hello @mjohnson290 - Unfortunately, since the chat trigger is hidden inside of an iframe, there aren't really any JS hacks that you could try. And, I have't seen any documentation as far as callbacks for the embed code. I think, for now, that's a probably not.

Thanks for looping us in @MFrankJohnson

mjohnson290

SOLVE

Thanks for the reply!

Yeah I was kind of assuming that was the case - that there is currently no way to do what I'm trying. Looks like I'll have to just plug it in as is for now and hope for more flexibility in the future.

Thanks again!

MFrankJohnson
Thought Leader

SOLVE

Hey @mjohnson290 [Great name. haha], we've pinged a some design devs who may have seen this new functionality - @tjoyce@DaniellePeters@Stephanie-OG

FYI - the serious devs only occasionally stray outside the Design forum, so if you have design, .js, HubL, CSS, HTML questions it's best to post there. You'll get answers MUCH faster.

Always happy to help. Reach out anytime if we can be of assistance with HubSpot.

Best,
Frank

hubspot-solutions-signature-mfrankjohnson-v03.png

www.MFrankJohnson.com

Note: Please search for recent posts as HubSpot evolves to be the #1 CRM platform of choice world-wide.

Hope that helps.

Be well,
Frank

www.mfrankjohnson.com
0 Upvotes