Popup notification when new chat comes in?

New Contributor

Hi,

we are using the chat function from HubSpot on our website, which works fine.

But we have to monitor our Conversation-Inbox, all the time (because volume is low).

We get an eMail to our inbox that a chat is arrived - but also we have to monitor our mailinbox all the time.

Is there any option to get a popup notification or something else to get directly visible a notification, that a new chat comes in?

best regards for your support!
Achim

0 Upvotes
6 Replies 6
New Contributor

0 Upvotes
Regular Contributor

Hello @Achim,

You need to check notification conversation settings.

• In your HubSpot account, click your account name in the top right corner, then click Profile & Preferences.

• In the left sidebar menu, navigate to Notifications > HubSpot.

• In the Assign section, click Advanced preferences.

• Clear the specific notification check-boxes to disable individual notifications for new, reassigned, or unassigned conversations.

• Find your preferences for new live chat conversations and its notification.

Untitled.png

If your problem is resolved, marked it as Solved.
Thank you.

TRooInbound Team

Hubspot COS/CMS Development Agency

w: https://www.trooinbound.com e:hello@trooinbound.com

0 Upvotes
New Contributor

Hi @Dev_TRooInbound @trooinbound_dev

thanks for your answer. 
Unfortunatly it dont seems to work for me, because i did this settings like you mentioned and started a new chat, but i get no notification/popup. May something in addition is needed? Where do get / how looks your notification that you will get, that i can compare?

best regards 

Achim

settings.JPG

0 Upvotes
Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Hey @Achim,

Maybe this one can help you. Internal notification alerts.

Thanks!

0 Upvotes
New Contributor

Similar problem here... 
I have been trying for quite a while to get any kind of notification for new Chatbot conversation. As I can understand Bots and Chats respond differently, because Chats begin as "Unassigned", while Bots begin with assignment to the Bot.

Therefore, new Chat initiation gives a notification right away, but new Bot conversation sends a notification as soon as it turns to "Unassigned", that is, when it's completely run through and the Bot's job is done. At this point it converts the conversation to "Unassigned" and a notification can be created.

I can't use workflows to work around the issue, since I have been using the free version. However, since only a small percentage of Bot conversations reach completion, isn't it crucial to receive a notification earlier on? Any suggestions?

0 Upvotes
Visitor

We have ours connected to a special slack channel. From there, we set notifications so that it pings us when a new message comes in. 

0 Upvotes