Sales Hub Tools

cwhite33
Participant

Phone numbers pulling to in app calling function

SOLVE

When I imported my contact leads, I used custom properties (found below) since we had three separate numbers per contact. We weren’t using Sales Starter with the in app calling function. 

Phone 1

Phone 2

Phone 3

We have now started using Sales Starter and are using the in app call function for our contacts.  We discovered the following.

1. Our Custom made properties (Phone 1, Phone 2, Phone 3) aren’t pulling in to the call app.  The only property that will pull into the call app and populate the number without you manually doing so is the default property PHONE NUMBER.
  2. We have to have the default property PHONE NUMBER in order for our Sales Starter call functionality to work. 
  3. We have three phone numbers and have to stack them all into the PHONE NUMBER property unless there is another way.

See the video for a visual example of what is happening. Jing Screencast

My questions.

1. Can I make the custom properties (Phone 1, Phone 2, Phone 3) the default properties to pull and populate the phone number in Sales Starter call function?
  2. If I have to use the default property PHONE NUMBER, can you have three phone numbers in one property and still have the call functionality?
  3. If I have to use the default property PHONE NUMBER, is there a convenient way anybody can think of to MASS migrate the fields Phone 1, Phone 2, Phone 3 into one property PHONE NUMBER? Or. . . . do I have to manually do this???
0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
MFrankJohnson
Solution
Thought Leader

SOLVE

_hubspot-button-accept-as-solution-gif-v00.gif

Q:

-1- Can I make the custom properties (Phone 1, Phone 2, Phone 3) the default properties to pull and populate the phone number in Sales Starter call function?
-2- If I have to use the default property PHONE NUMBER, can you have three phone numbers in one property and still have the call functionality?
-3- If I have to use the default property PHONE NUMBER, is there a convenient way anybody can think of to MASS migrate the fields Phone 1, Phone 2, Phone 3 into one property PHONE NUMBER? Or. . . . do I have to manually do this????

Longer A:

-1- No. The default calling number cannot be changed to your custom properties.

-2- No. You cannot stack multiple phone numbers into one property and still have call functionality.

-3- Use workflows as follows.
-WF1- Enroll all contacts whose Phone Number is unknown | Copy Phone 1 to Phone Number
-WF2- Enroll all contacts whose Mobile Phone Number is unknown | Copy Phone 2 to Mobile Phone Number

The above steps presume Phone 1 was ALWAYS populated before all other phone numbers in your original setup.

The above will allow you to select either Phone Number OR Mobile Phone Number from the calling dropdown when calling from within HubSpot. If the Contact is associated with a Company, you'll also have a 3rd option (for Company Phone) in the dropdown.

Help answer your question? If so, remember to accept this solution now.

Best,
Frank

Chief HubSpot Consultant

hubspot-solutions-signature-mfrankjohnson-v05.png

MFrankJohnson.com | Perfect HubSpot Series | Connect on LinkedIn

Help find posts quickly ... accept this solution now.

Note: Please search for recent posts as HubSpot evolves to be the #1 CRM platform of choice world-wide.

Hope that helps.

Be well,
Frank

www.mfrankjohnson.com

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4
MFrankJohnson
Solution
Thought Leader

SOLVE

_hubspot-button-accept-as-solution-gif-v00.gif

Q:

-1- Can I make the custom properties (Phone 1, Phone 2, Phone 3) the default properties to pull and populate the phone number in Sales Starter call function?
-2- If I have to use the default property PHONE NUMBER, can you have three phone numbers in one property and still have the call functionality?
-3- If I have to use the default property PHONE NUMBER, is there a convenient way anybody can think of to MASS migrate the fields Phone 1, Phone 2, Phone 3 into one property PHONE NUMBER? Or. . . . do I have to manually do this????

Longer A:

-1- No. The default calling number cannot be changed to your custom properties.

-2- No. You cannot stack multiple phone numbers into one property and still have call functionality.

-3- Use workflows as follows.
-WF1- Enroll all contacts whose Phone Number is unknown | Copy Phone 1 to Phone Number
-WF2- Enroll all contacts whose Mobile Phone Number is unknown | Copy Phone 2 to Mobile Phone Number

The above steps presume Phone 1 was ALWAYS populated before all other phone numbers in your original setup.

The above will allow you to select either Phone Number OR Mobile Phone Number from the calling dropdown when calling from within HubSpot. If the Contact is associated with a Company, you'll also have a 3rd option (for Company Phone) in the dropdown.

Help answer your question? If so, remember to accept this solution now.

Best,
Frank

Chief HubSpot Consultant

hubspot-solutions-signature-mfrankjohnson-v05.png

MFrankJohnson.com | Perfect HubSpot Series | Connect on LinkedIn

Help find posts quickly ... accept this solution now.

Note: Please search for recent posts as HubSpot evolves to be the #1 CRM platform of choice world-wide.

Hope that helps.

Be well,
Frank

www.mfrankjohnson.com
cwhite33
Participant

SOLVE

Frank,

Thank you for the detailed explanation.  My last question is on 3.  

Can this be done at a mass level, or does this have to be done manually one by one with me going into each contact?  I'm not familiar with what you mean by "Enroll all contacts whose Phone Number is unknown.  What does this look like?

0 Upvotes
MFrankJohnson
Thought Leader

SOLVE

- see Choose your workflow actions | Copy a property value

Hope that helps.

Be well,
Frank

www.mfrankjohnson.com
0 Upvotes
AmandaHamlin
Participant

SOLVE

Hi Frank!

I have a similar issue to the original post - My company uses Zoom info and we use the Properties  "Direct Phone" , "Phone Number" and "Mobile Phone" which matches to zoom for importing contacts. I asked them to change the import properties so that "Direct Phone" from zoominfo fills in "Phone Number" but they won't because there are several databases they plan to combine, I guess.

I also just have the free version of Hubspot, so I cannot use the functions you described in your solution regarding Work Flows. 

So, I would just like to make a suggestion/recommendation to have the option for the app to dial "Direct Phone" in the case that you have no other solutions! Please and thank you, can you please consider this?

0 Upvotes