Sales Hub Tools

MBoyd0
Participant

Phone Number Formatting in Quote Templates

SOLVE

Hi!

How can I get phone numbers to be formatted as phone numbers in Quote Templates? The numbers are validated in the Contact and Company records, but they show up as +12345678900 in the Quotes. They are in the templates as Personalization Tokens, if that helps.

Thanks!

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
MBoyd0
Solution
Participant

SOLVE

Thanks so much for the offer, but I did figure out a workaround that is a lot easier! You can just edit the format of the phone numbers while you're creating a quote in the Buyer Information and Your Information sections! Just click the contact name, enter the phone number the way you want it shown, click save, and that's how it's going to look in the quote document.

It is still a little frustrating, because all of the data is there and formatted correctly, so it's a redundant. But, it's easier than coding 🤗.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5
himanshurauthan
Thought Leader | Elite Partner
Thought Leader | Elite Partner

SOLVE

Hello @MBoyd0,

Unfortunately, at present, formatting the number isn't possible with HubSpot Quotes. However, you can do this with some custom coding or development.

Also, if you want I can help you out here if you want (it will be a chargeable service).

Regards,

Digital Marketing & Inbound Expert In Growth Hacking Technology
MBoyd0
Solution
Participant

SOLVE

Thanks so much for the offer, but I did figure out a workaround that is a lot easier! You can just edit the format of the phone numbers while you're creating a quote in the Buyer Information and Your Information sections! Just click the contact name, enter the phone number the way you want it shown, click save, and that's how it's going to look in the quote document.

It is still a little frustrating, because all of the data is there and formatted correctly, so it's a redundant. But, it's easier than coding 🤗.

Mike_Eastwood
Key Advisor | Gold Partner
Key Advisor | Gold Partner

SOLVE

Hi @MBoyd0 

It's now possible to create Custom Quote Templates which can use HubSpot's Templating language to format information. However, that requires custom code.

If you enjoy custom code then you could use this example of the slice method to format a phone number.

Or, does "custom code" make you want to back away?

(completely understandable)

Mike

p.s. thank you for the mention @TiphaineCuisset 

MBoyd0
Participant

SOLVE

Hi @Mike_Eastwood !

I'm not extremely comfy with custom code, but I may be able to get help from a teammate ;).  This does make some sense to me though, it's like a text-to-columns plus concatenate maybe a little? 

And thanks @TiphaineCuisset too! This is my first time making a post and I really appreciate the feedback :).

TiphaineCuisset
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @MBoyd0 

Thank you for reaching out.

I want to tag some of our experts here - @Mike_Eastwood @himanshurauthan @coldrickjack @Anton do you have any thoughts for @MBoyd0 on this?

Thank you!

Best

Tiphaine

Saviez vous que la Communauté est disponible en français?
Rejoignez les discussions francophones en changeant votre langue dans les paramètres !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !