Sales Hub Tools

kembe
Participante

Phone Calling Feature Not Accepting My Number

resolver

I am trying to set up the calling feature and the system will not accept my phone number.  No error message or anything, but when I enter the number and hit Register, it just sits there.

0 Me gusta
3 Soluciones aceptadas
kembe
Solución
Participante

resolver

Hi @roisinkirby, initially I just never tested at again, but since I received your message I tried it and it went through!  Thanks for checking in, because I almost just gave up on it.  The country code was 1(USA) by the way, and I was entering it properly all the time, go figure.  Thanks again.

Ver la solución en mensaje original publicado

0 Me gusta
roisinkirby
Solución
Equipo de producto de HubSpot

resolver

Hello @POCATINTA @kembe @VZJ @leonschnell

Thank you all for our patience as I investigated this issue further with product teams internally. There are four potential reasons why you are having difficulty submitting a number:

1. The country you are diallin from or to is not supported by HubSpot Sales. 

This list of supported countries is subject to change and will be updated as new countries are added. These countries support both calling TO and FROM. Please note: The country code must be included when dialing to or from a country outside of the United States. The format may include a "+" or not. 

2. You are using a browser extension that is conflicting with HubSpot.

If you have multiple browser plugins/extensions there could be one that is conflicting with the HubSpot call queue. To troubleshoot this, you will need consult with your IT team (if/where possible) and/or test each plugin by uninstalling to see if, once removed, you are able to register the number sucessfully. 

3. You VOIP system (Voice over Internet Protocol - the software or hardware you use to make calls) conficts with HubSpot & Twilio

HubSpot uses a third-party service, Twilio, to host the Call Queue. There are some VOIP systems, e.g. Aircall, that are not supported by Twilio. If you think this could be affecting your ability to use HubSpot, pleae consult with your IT team (where possible) and send me details of the VOIP system you are using. I

4. You have exceeded the number of registration attempts. 

There is a certain number attempts a user can make  to register a number with HubSpot/Twilio each day. The registration attempt is capped at 1 attempt per minute and 10 attempts per day per user.  If you are repeatedly trying to register a number and exeed this cap, you will need to wait 24hrs. 

I hope the above is of help to you, any questions or concerns please comment below. 

0 Me gusta
roisinkirby
Solución

resolver

Hey @goosx at this time Argentina is not supported in HubSpot Sales free, please see below:

Screen Shot 2017-07-11 at 12.01.33.png

0 Me gusta
19 Respuestas 19
jeffsimon
Miembro

resolver

I am trying to set up the calling feature from New Jersey, USA.  When I put in my land line phone, it rings only once, so no opportunity to enter the code.

0 Me gusta
jennysowyrda
Administrador de la comunidad

resolver

Hi @jeffsimon,

Can you please direct message me the info requested here.

Thank you,

Jenny

0 Me gusta
roisinkirby

resolver

Hey @kembe are you still experiencing this issue? Can you confirm the country code of the number you are trying to register?

0 Me gusta
POCATINTA
Miembro

resolver

Hi @roisinkirby,

I have the same issue, my number is from Chile (supported country) and after I add my phone number it just stays still, and clicking on Register doesn't have any effect.

BTW: already tried with Chrome, Firefox and Safari*

0 Me gusta
roisinkirby
Solución

resolver

Hello @POCATINTA @kembe @VZJ @leonschnell

Thank you all for our patience as I investigated this issue further with product teams internally. There are four potential reasons why you are having difficulty submitting a number:

1. The country you are diallin from or to is not supported by HubSpot Sales. 

This list of supported countries is subject to change and will be updated as new countries are added. These countries support both calling TO and FROM. Please note: The country code must be included when dialing to or from a country outside of the United States. The format may include a "+" or not. 

2. You are using a browser extension that is conflicting with HubSpot.

If you have multiple browser plugins/extensions there could be one that is conflicting with the HubSpot call queue. To troubleshoot this, you will need consult with your IT team (if/where possible) and/or test each plugin by uninstalling to see if, once removed, you are able to register the number sucessfully. 

3. You VOIP system (Voice over Internet Protocol - the software or hardware you use to make calls) conficts with HubSpot & Twilio

HubSpot uses a third-party service, Twilio, to host the Call Queue. There are some VOIP systems, e.g. Aircall, that are not supported by Twilio. If you think this could be affecting your ability to use HubSpot, pleae consult with your IT team (where possible) and send me details of the VOIP system you are using. I

4. You have exceeded the number of registration attempts. 

There is a certain number attempts a user can make  to register a number with HubSpot/Twilio each day. The registration attempt is capped at 1 attempt per minute and 10 attempts per day per user.  If you are repeatedly trying to register a number and exeed this cap, you will need to wait 24hrs. 

I hope the above is of help to you, any questions or concerns please comment below. 

0 Me gusta
alan2302
Miembro

resolver

Hello, I'm a new member an I experience the same issue. My country code is +44(UK) and my number is a Skype number for a landline.

Can you please advise on how to sort it out. 

Many thanks!

0 Me gusta
jennysowyrda

resolver

Hi @alan2302,

I wanted to share this resource as a starting point; if you are still stuck after following those steps, can you please share the information requested via a direct message? 

Thank you,
Jenny

goosx
Participante

resolver

Hi! I'm experiencing the same issue from Argentina and don't know how to solve it. 

0 Me gusta
roisinkirby
Solución

resolver

Hey @goosx at this time Argentina is not supported in HubSpot Sales free, please see below:

Screen Shot 2017-07-11 at 12.01.33.png

0 Me gusta
Paudieshea
Miembro

resolver

Hi, I'm having the same issue with an Irish number. I have tried a Canadian number and an American number as well. Basically, I click on Call tab on a Contact. Click on Add your phone number, change the country code to Ireland and type in my number. The last step is to click the "Register" button. When I do, it does nothing. I am on Window 7 pc and using Chrome, which is updated to the latest version. 

I would like to buy Sales Hub Enterprise today but until I check out the calling feature I cannot. 

0 Me gusta
maris7
Participante

resolver

Hi,

since I am in a country not supported for hubspot free, I'd like to integrate and connect twilio ( and pay twilio on consume) but I can't find where to "connect twilio", I go in sales, then setting, then sales tools, then calling.

There I can add my phone number ( but I know Italy is not accepted on Free, that's a pity) and I dont find a "connect twilio" button, where should I go? thanks

0 Me gusta
leonschnell
Miembro

resolver

Hi Róisín, I just stumbled across this reply after experiencing the same issue. Trying to register a number in South Africa (+27...) doesn't seem to be working for me. I enter the number and click on 'register' and then ... the form just stays there and nothing happens. Any help please?

0 Me gusta
roisinkirby

resolver

Hey @leonschnell are you still having this difficulty? If so, can you reproduce in a different browser and/or on a different computer?

0 Me gusta
leonschnell
Miembro

resolver

Hey @roisinkirby Very much so still having this difficulty. I've experienced this issue on my PC in Chrome, experienced it on a co-worker's Firefox browser and even tested it over 3G data on my Android phone (to eliminate the network) ... same thing on all. Clicking the register button still does nothing.

On a call with one of your sales people in Ireland, he tested it and it worked internally, so I don't know if you've got a way to test this functionality from my account from outside your network? Heck, maybe it's something weird with traffic routing to and from South Africa only. Please help 🙂

0 Me gusta
roisinkirby

resolver

Hey @leonschnell could yous send me a private message with your HUB ID, the number you are trying to call, details of the browser you are using (including the version), and a screenshot of the Console error that displays when you try and dial this number - check out this link to find out how to do this. 

Lastly, can you let me know if you have any difficulty calling this number on a normal landline or mobile phone?

0 Me gusta
leonschnell
Miembro

resolver

@roisinkirby Just sent that message 🙂 For what it's worth, other people have commented on my other thread about this saying they're experiencing the same thing: https://community.hubspot.com/t5/Account-Settings/Hubspot-Calling-Add-phone-number-not-working/m-p/1...

VZJ
Miembro

resolver

I, too, have been experiencing the same issue.  I'm using a mobile number from the Philippines.  Does this issue have to do with location? Anyhow, this is my first time to try the Call Feature as I'm going through the Practicum phase of the HubSpot Sales Software Certification Course.  

Hoping to find a solution for this.

Thanks in advance!

0 Me gusta
roisinkirby

resolver

Hey @VZJ, numbers from the Philippines are not currently supported by the HubSpot Call Queue. 

This knowledge article provides a full breakdown: What countries are supported for calling with HubSpot Sales?

This list of supported countries is subject to change and will be updated as new countries are added. These countries support both calling TO and FROM.You can post/vote for the idea on our Ideas forum here: https://community.hubspot.com/t5/HubSpot-Ideas/idb-p/HubSpot_Ideas

0 Me gusta
kembe
Solución
Participante

resolver

Hi @roisinkirby, initially I just never tested at again, but since I received your message I tried it and it went through!  Thanks for checking in, because I almost just gave up on it.  The country code was 1(USA) by the way, and I was entering it properly all the time, go figure.  Thanks again.

0 Me gusta