Sales Hub Tools

IMartin
Participante

Pasting an image into a "Log a meeting" message field - character overload?..

resolver

Hi, we are testing Hubspot CRM as a potential platform to move to. I encountered an unexpected issue with pasting an image from a Teams meeting during our recent call with a customer. When I paste an image into the body of the Log, I can no longer save the Log. I have a popup window saying that the character count is exceeded.

This is very impractical. We currently used OneNote to run our meeting minutes and with OneNote we could dump images, documents, we could draw, all is saved and shared across...

Yes, I know I can add an attachment, however in my case this isn't an elegant solution. I can only copy the images from the chat, not download them. So the images shared in a call then would need first to be copied, then saved on my hard drive by opening an "Preview" app, and then I need to look them up and attach them to the log - quite a bit of a pain. 

Maybe I am doing something wrong or maybe there is an opportunity to improve on the Hubspot side? Will be delighted if there is a better way to dump images quickly into a log without going through my hard drive first 🙂  thanks much!!

0 Avaliação positiva
1 Solução aceita
karstenkoehler
Solução
Membro do Hall da Fama | Parceiro

resolver

Hi @IMartin,

The issue here might be copying images from OneNote straight into the meeting log – this might simply be an incompatibility issue between the two tools, especially if you select text and images. I experience this issue between other tools as well.

Sometimes copying/pasting an image into a simple image editor (e.g. Paint) as a middle step can solve that issue. I know that's not ideal as it's an additional step that you probably want to avoid.

In any case, yes, it's a limitation of the tool.

If you consider this thread closed, you can help others find this information more easily by accepting my post as a solution. I'd appreciate it!

Have a great day!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

Exibir solução no post original

0 Avaliação positiva
4 Respostas 4
timlester
Participante

resolver

Realize this is an older message but seeing a little different result from the OP.

We have users dragging JPG files into the meeting comments section, they are basically record images or notes based on meetings had with customers (part of a Deal). Initially the images are shown in the comment section and appear to be saved, you can acutally leave the Deal and come back short time later and the image is still seen but at some future point of time, the image becomes a broken image link icon. The logged meeting appears to save, no error message is displayed.

As with the OP, we know the image can be manually saved to another location and then added using the Insert Image but that adds extra steps and seems counter productive.

Hoping someone here has an answer before we contact the Support team.

Thanks in advance.

0 Avaliação positiva
karstenkoehler

resolver

Hi @IMartin,

The error message depends on the size of the image, at least that's what I'm experiencing. I haven't found an official character /size limit, unfortunately, but I was able to add smaller images perfectly fine, while bigger files were not saved.

One way to bypass this would simply be breaking your notes and images into the meeting notes field and then adding additional comments to the meeting notes. I haven't hit a comment limit yet so this would be a workaround.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

IMartin
Participante

resolver
Thanks! Well, In my case the images are quite small and none would get saved within the body of the message. Saving in the comments also did not do the trick… Well, back to OneNote for meeting minutes, at least it works there… Not impressed with Hubspot at this stage.

0 Avaliação positiva
karstenkoehler
Solução

resolver

Hi @IMartin,

The issue here might be copying images from OneNote straight into the meeting log – this might simply be an incompatibility issue between the two tools, especially if you select text and images. I experience this issue between other tools as well.

Sometimes copying/pasting an image into a simple image editor (e.g. Paint) as a middle step can solve that issue. I know that's not ideal as it's an additional step that you probably want to avoid.

In any case, yes, it's a limitation of the tool.

If you consider this thread closed, you can help others find this information more easily by accepting my post as a solution. I'd appreciate it!

Have a great day!

Karsten Köhler

0 Avaliação positiva