Sales Hub Tools

KevinWathey
Participant

Passing UTM Code via Meeting Booking Form

SOLVE

Hi,

We use Hyros for FB Ad tracking for a call booking funnel. We're transitioning away from Calendly and to HubSpot meetings, but I can't seem to find a way to pass the meeting form data from the calendar to the booking thank you page.

I looked up the internal personalization for Email 'email' and Phone Number 'phone' and appended them to the meetings confirmation URL but it's not working.

Here's what I've tried: thank-you-page?phone={{phone}}&email={{email}}

Has anyone done this successfully in the past?

P.S. I'm starting to think Hyros is no longer necessary because HubSpot tracks which ads they're coming from specifically, yes? 

1 Accepted solution
MiaSrebrnjak
Solution
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

HI @KevinWathey,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community!

You're right, if you connect your ad accounts to HubSpot, HubSpot will track which ads your contacts are clicking and converting on. Similarly, HubSpot will track meeting bookings automatically if you use our scheduling tool. 

There are two trackable UTM parameters for HubSpot meetings links: UTM_Source and UTM_Medium. When these parameters are added onto your meeting link, and a contact books a meeting, that contact record will be updated to reflect this. The two properties that will be updated are "Source of last meeting booked in meeting tool" or "Medium of last meeting booked in meeting tool". These parameters do not get added to your normal traffic analytics, as a meeting link is not considered to be a page on your website like other webpages or landing pages.

As a workaround, instead of capturing the parameters via the meeting link, you could capture them via a landing page and embed the meeting link onto the page. This way, the page will contain the calendar for the contact to schedule a meeting without ever leaving the page. 

I hope this helps!

Cheers
Mia, Community Team

Wusstest du, dass es auch eine DACH-Community gibt?
Nimm an regionalen Unterhaltungen teil, indem du deine Spracheinstellungen änderst

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by
changing your language settings

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2
MiaSrebrnjak
Solution
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

HI @KevinWathey,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community!

You're right, if you connect your ad accounts to HubSpot, HubSpot will track which ads your contacts are clicking and converting on. Similarly, HubSpot will track meeting bookings automatically if you use our scheduling tool. 

There are two trackable UTM parameters for HubSpot meetings links: UTM_Source and UTM_Medium. When these parameters are added onto your meeting link, and a contact books a meeting, that contact record will be updated to reflect this. The two properties that will be updated are "Source of last meeting booked in meeting tool" or "Medium of last meeting booked in meeting tool". These parameters do not get added to your normal traffic analytics, as a meeting link is not considered to be a page on your website like other webpages or landing pages.

As a workaround, instead of capturing the parameters via the meeting link, you could capture them via a landing page and embed the meeting link onto the page. This way, the page will contain the calendar for the contact to schedule a meeting without ever leaving the page. 

I hope this helps!

Cheers
Mia, Community Team

Wusstest du, dass es auch eine DACH-Community gibt?
Nimm an regionalen Unterhaltungen teil, indem du deine Spracheinstellungen änderst

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by
changing your language settings

KevinWathey
Participant

SOLVE

Hi Mia,

Thank you for the detailed response. 

If we just only use HubSpot data we don't need Hyros anymore and can view which specific ad to attribute the sale too. We have a call booking which is why I ask.

Do you know where I would find the best documentation on Facebook Ad Analytics & Dashboard Creation, specifically within HubSpot Reports / Campaigns?

0 Upvotes