Paid Meetings

SOLVE
Occasional Contributor

I offer 60-minute consultations to my clients, I'd like to be able to have potential clients pay at the time of booking a consultation. Calendly offers this option, but I cannot see it's available on Hubspot just yet - does anyone have advice on a workaround?

1 Accepted solution

Accepted Solutions
Community Superstar

>>"I offer 60-minute consultations to my clients, I'd like to be able to have potential clients pay at the time of booking a consultation. Calendly offers this option, but I cannot see it's available on Hubspot just yet - does anyone have advice on a workaround?"

Sure.

-1- Build a HubSpot meeting link just for this use case.

-2- Embed that meeting code on a 'noindex, nofollow' WEBPAGE. (important)

-3- Configure your ecommerce solution to redirect purchasers to the meeting page (from step 2 above) AFTER purchase. (e.g., typically called a 'payment receipt page' or 'thank you for payment' page).

Done!

That being said, HubSpot's meeting bookings aren't really robust enough to handle all of the other little nuances involved in a 'for pay' service delivery use case.

- no ability to re-schedule in lieu of a refund

- no ability to process a refund via the meeting cancellation

- no ability to track revenue as it directly relates to completed meetings

- the list goes on ...

An alternative may be to limit HubSpot meetings for non-paid use cases and just use a more robust tool 'for pay' meetings booking tool -- e.g., Schedule Once.

Just a thought. Hope it helps.

Best,
Frank

Remote  B2B Digital Marketing Manager

hubspot-solutions-signature-mfrankjohnson-v05.png

MFrankJohnson.com | Connect on LinkedIn

Find posts quickly ... accept this solution now.

2 Replies 2
Community Superstar

>>"I offer 60-minute consultations to my clients, I'd like to be able to have potential clients pay at the time of booking a consultation. Calendly offers this option, but I cannot see it's available on Hubspot just yet - does anyone have advice on a workaround?"

Sure.

-1- Build a HubSpot meeting link just for this use case.

-2- Embed that meeting code on a 'noindex, nofollow' WEBPAGE. (important)

-3- Configure your ecommerce solution to redirect purchasers to the meeting page (from step 2 above) AFTER purchase. (e.g., typically called a 'payment receipt page' or 'thank you for payment' page).

Done!

That being said, HubSpot's meeting bookings aren't really robust enough to handle all of the other little nuances involved in a 'for pay' service delivery use case.

- no ability to re-schedule in lieu of a refund

- no ability to process a refund via the meeting cancellation

- no ability to track revenue as it directly relates to completed meetings

- the list goes on ...

An alternative may be to limit HubSpot meetings for non-paid use cases and just use a more robust tool 'for pay' meetings booking tool -- e.g., Schedule Once.

Just a thought. Hope it helps.

Best,
Frank

Remote  B2B Digital Marketing Manager

hubspot-solutions-signature-mfrankjohnson-v05.png

MFrankJohnson.com | Connect on LinkedIn

Find posts quickly ... accept this solution now.

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Thanks, Frank that's perfect, I really appreciate your help

0 Upvotes