Sales Hub Tools

RLehrhaupt
Participant

Option to default associate contact to new note in a deal?

SOLVE

When creating a new note in a Deal object the only way I am currently aware someone can also attach the note to the associated contact on the deal is to click on the "associations" tab and manually search up and select the contact.

Is there an option that would enable the default behavior when creating a new note on a deal to attach all associated contacts with the deal?

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @RLehrhaupt,

Unfortunately not, no. For automatic activity association, HubSpot follows the rules laid out in this table: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/crm-setup/associate-activities-with-records

They cannot be customized.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
2 Replies 2
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @RLehrhaupt,

Unfortunately not, no. For automatic activity association, HubSpot follows the rules laid out in this table: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/crm-setup/associate-activities-with-records

They cannot be customized.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

0 Upvotes
RLehrhaupt
Participant

SOLVE

@karstenkoehler thanks, is this still the case? There is default behavior by HubSpot that messes up our notes organization process. Even if there is an option to disable automatic additional association beyond the page (object) the note was created on. Because that would allow us to implement automation using the API. But if a note is created with more than one association we can't tell which page the note was created on and how it's associations should be organized.

0 Upvotes