Numerous reconversion emails by submitting on Collected Forms ".et_pb_contact_form, .clearfix"

New Contributor

Hello,

we have a problem with receiving numerous reconversion emails (anywhere from 2 to 20 reconversion emails per individual contact form submission). It seems that the form is sent out to Hubspot earlier than the user submits it thus all these reconversions with updated information.

I don't know what causes it. is there a way we can fix it?

Thanks

10 Replies 10
Highlighted
Community Manager

Hi @bernara1040,

Reconversion emails will be sent out (if form notification emails are enabled) if a contact has already converted on your website. Is the issue that there are multiple emaisl being sent per form submission? Or something else? 

If you can send along the email address of who is receiving the form notification emails, along with some example contacts, and the name of the form I can continue investigating this matter on my end. 

Thank you,
Jenny

Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution
0 Upvotes
Highlighted
New Contributor

Hello there

so we have divi theme

divi contact module

we currently are using the catch all from hubspot so that any form is submitted

the issue is that its sending a reconversion email as soon as its sent the first email

so we get two notifications!

we are using the catch all for the native divi contact form module

so that hubspot takes any submission from any form.

I am creating forms using hubspot now.

If I turn off the auto collect : https://tppr.me/iDY5i

and then add a hubspot form created using the hubsspot form creator 

will we get recoversion issues?

thanks

0 Upvotes
Highlighted
Community Manager

HI @bomakalu,

Do you mean reconversion issues in terms of old contacts will be seen as new form submissions? 

A reconversion will be associated with a contact who has previously submitted any other form on your site. For more information on this, click here.

Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution
0 Upvotes
Highlighted
New Contributor

Thanks I will explore this.

Smiley Happy

0 Upvotes
Highlighted
New Contributor

I'm having similar issues. I have 4 forms on hubspot but only want to be receiving notifications on 1. 

Today we received 7 irrelevant emails stating: 

Contact reconversion by submitting on Collected Forms "#loginform"

How can I keep this from happening again? I contacted Customer Service and they pretty much said I had to ask you specifically because they don't know. 

0 Upvotes
Highlighted
Community Manager

Hi @JBC,

You should be able to edit the form recipients from within the form editor (under options). If you have proper permissions you can determine who you would like to receive the emails for the form submission.

Thanks,
Jenny

0 Upvotes
Highlighted
New Contributor

When I go to options and look who is subscribed to notifications, no email is listed. 

That being said - the only resolve I've been able to find is to turn off form notifications. The biggest problem with this resolve is that I need to be notifed for 1 of the forms as it brings in new business. The others I don't want to be notified for. 

0 Upvotes
Highlighted
Community Manager

Hi @JBC,

The functionality I am referencing is for HubSpot forms. If the forms are not hosted by HubSpot, the settings for email controls will be more centralized for all forms.

The only way to get the level of control for the form notifications on the form level would be to copy the form into HubSpot as a HubSpot form, and then use the HubSpot forms on your website pages.

Thank you,
Jenny

0 Upvotes
Highlighted

We are having this same issue. It's like someone tries to submit the form without entering all the mandatory fields, and then it sends an email notificaiton every time they click 'submit' or something. Super irritating and it does it pretty much every time someone submits a form. 

Highlighted
New Contributor

We are experiencing the same problem. It just began today and we have not adjusted our forms at all in the past week. 

0 Upvotes