Noticeable Lag During Phone Calls

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Has anyone noticed that using the calling feature in the Sales platform, there is a noticeable lag during the conversation where it seems to take a second or two for the other party to hear what you are saying?  I've tested thoroughly with both using the calling feature and just direct dialing on the handheld, and there is definitely a noticeable lag that is so bad we don't use the feature at all because of the negative experience that it causes.

Any thoughts or ideas?

0 Upvotes
5 Replies 5
Highlighted
Regular Contributor | Diamond Partner

We have been using HubSpot call feature at HubSnacks a lot over the last 6 months.  Generally, UK to USA or UK to UK and have had no problems.  Do you have similar problems over Skype for instance?

0 Upvotes
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Skype has not been an issue for me, I've used it multiple times with no lag.  The other thing I didn't mention is that I have Hubspot transfer the call to my handset when it makes calls, as opposed to making the call directly through the browser itself.

0 Upvotes
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Anyone else?

0 Upvotes
Highlighted
HubSpot Employee

Hi @joshajh 

Whem making calls, please keep in mind that calls made through the web are subject to caching and network traffic issues. Sometimes it takes a bit of time and procesing power to convert your voice to 1s and 0s and back again. Man Wink In general though, calls from the browser require an upload speed of 10/mbs or better. Use this web-based speed test to determine if your upload speeds are in the compatible range. 

If your upload speeds are good, please make sure your phone is connected correctly according to this HubSpot Academy user guide.  Finally, please close any extraneous browser tabs and windows or apps that may be open, as one of the windows or apps may be running a process high resource process in the background. 

Ed 

Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution
0 Upvotes
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

We understand the technology and the limitations behind VoIP.  As you can see, our download/upload speeds are more than sufficient for your service to work properly.

screenshot-beta.speedtest.net-2017-06-19-08-17-42.jpeg

Due to the nature of our business, we use a variety of browser based and VoIP solutions to communicate with our team, including Skype, Slack, and Google Hangouts, and none have a delay when speaking like your service does.  

This is unfortunate for us because we've signed up for the Pro service mainly for the ability to record our phone calls with clients, but due to these issues, I feel that we may have made the wrong decision in paying for a year's worth of service up front.  We no longer use the browser based calling system and have gone back to using our desktop handhelds again as the lag had become a major issue.

0 Upvotes